7's Scout Build

Wow - looking really nice! You're pretty much there I'd say - congrats! :-)

Are you going to weather this build?

Dan

thanks!

and yes, i will do a very very light weathering.

as you may be able to tell on the boots. the boots where so white the armor holster looked beige ... and i wanted it naturally weathered so, i roughed the vinyl up with some steel wool and a light sand paper and rubbed/grinded dirt into the material and washed the dirt of till it stained the boot just enough that it gave it enough weathering to hide the difference in the boots ultra bright white and holsters white color.

Very cool! It's the first time I see my upgraded gear suited up :) I may be biased but I think it looks terrific!

2 things stand out for me atm though: The cod piece has a bit of a camel toe and the shaft of the boots looks a bit too wide. The rest is probably due to the test fit.

But to be clear - this build is top notch!

Cheers

thanks!

and your right with the cod piece, i think i may have had the strap to far up the velcro patch on the back pulling it down and under creating the camel toe/bunching up. i had previously torn the cod piece apart and added more padding. its more a placement issue.

and i will see what i can do to adjust the boot.

Ohhhh Seven’s in Armor! How’s it feel mate? Looking really nice for the first fit up!

thanks!

ikr, finally! ... you cant see the big smile under mask :D but, its there!

a long 7 month journey that im finally being able to see the better side of things ... i really cant complain about the wait, it has been really fun and a great learning experience!

im so close to submitting this to my gml and i know i could get approved with what i have posted above ... but, i want it to be abit better so, when i do submit and get approved i can come directly here and go for that lancer approval :)

i really love the overall look of it and i cant even tell you all how many times i looked at the pictures today :lol:

thanks all!

• Like 2

Well done!

• Like 1

well, reworked the cummerbund ... added more padding and re-quilted it, shortened cummerbund and adjusted pouches to align with the bottom of cummerbund.

the cod piece is giving me major problems as the wrinkles are coming from the type of fabric that was used ... i can lay it flat with no stretch on the elastic and it has wrinkles. i have already added more padding to it too. i put and iron to it last night for long while and the wrinkles are not noticeable now ... i will test fit later on today to see if it keeps wrinkling when worn.

adjusted the boots a little ... i found the velcro wasnt laying over itself fully. i may need to add some velcro to the loop side and pull them in abit more.

and i may just make a new pouch, cummerbund and cod piece with a stiffer/more accurate fabric.

plus, i see the inverted arc is way to high!

xqjPUYO.png

its hard to stand like a dummy :)

• Like 1

Where'd you get the cod?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

check my op here http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=18128&view=findpost&p=162943

;)

well, reworked the cummerbund ... added more padding and re-quilted it, shortened cummerbund and adjusted pouches to align with the bottom of cummerbund.

the cod piece is giving me major problems as the wrinkles are coming from the type of fabric that was used ... i can lay it flat with no stretch on the elastic and it has wrinkles. i have already added more padding to it too. i put and iron to it last night for long while and the wrinkles are not noticeable now ... i will test fit later on today to see if it keeps wrinkling when worn.

adjusted the boots a little ... i found the velcro wasnt laying over itself fully. i may need to add some velcro to the loop side and pull them in abit more.

and i may just make a new pouch, cummerbund and cod piece with a stiffer/more accurate fabric.

plus, i see the inverted arc is way to high!

Dangerously close to Lancer status now, buddy ;-) The only things I can spot on this pic is the cod and the slight flaring of the vest. Should you choose to redo the cod I would also lower the ark. This actually changes the look of it drastically and gives it more of the round shape you see on the mannequin.

Other than that it looks awesome!

Cheers

• Like 3

Dangerously close to Lancer status now, buddy ;-) The only things I can spot on this pic is the cod and the slight flaring of the vest. Should you choose to redo the cod I would also lower the ark. This actually changes the look of it drastically and gives it more of the round shape you see on the mannequin.

Other than that it looks awesome!

Cheers

thanks for the info!

i think the flaring of the vest is a dressing issue and the vest arms are pulled to far down. i believe if i get the vests arm to go past the shoulder bell by 1" then the flare wont be so noticeable and possibly non existant.

and the cod piece i was thinking i might be able to rework it entirely and try to get it to match more like the mannequin. i have enough fabric there to cut it up, cut off the narrow lower part under the arch and resew it .. if i can do that then i think the cod piece will diffently look more like the mannequin.

if i remake the codpiece then i would need to remake the cummerbund and pouches to match. so, im going to try to avoid that.

reworked the cod piece ... i think it looks better and closer to screen used scout

i adjusted the vest/shoulder bell placement and there is still a slight flair when arms are down.

but, even when looking through the armor comparison thread the vests are not showing below the shoulder bell, are way to long, or they flair like what i have ... even striders vest is flaring very similar to what i have now ;)

so, on with the adjusted cod piece pic ...

im very happy at this stage of my build and im waiting on my gml's approval ... then we can get that lancer application going :)

J7u1Glu.png

• Like 1

Well done, Scout! Easy pass for basic

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just went through your build...looks great! I'm curious to know what you ended up using to wrap the TD? It looks like the correct cabling from far away but was curious.

Not sure if people are aware now as it's been a while, but there is a thread detailing what seems to be the screen used cabling that I helped to identify along with Constantin and Mickey. Maybe we can get it stickied?

• Like 1

Just went through your build...looks great! I'm curious to know what you ended up using to wrap the TD? It looks like the correct cabling from far away but was curious.

Not sure if people are aware now as it's been a while, but there is a thread detailing what seems to be the screen used cabling that I helped to identify along with Constantin and Mickey. Maybe we can get it stickied?

thanks!

i used the electrical cable method to wrap this td (i saw in striders lancer build/stickied)... problem was the paint wouldnt stick to the wire. i ended up taking some ca glue and wiping it on and off the cable to create a layer of something the paint would adhere too.

im still after a product for the cable ...

plus, the wire, water tube is heavy .. not liking that aspect .. so, i will be remaking this at some time.

still researching wire or similar product for this.

thanks!

i used the electrical cable method to wrap this td (i saw in striders lancer build/stickied)... problem was the paint wouldnt stick to the wire. i ended up taking some ca glue and wiping it on and off the cable to create a layer of something the paint would adhere too.

im still after a product for the cable ...

plus, the wire, water tube is heavy .. not liking that aspect .. so, i will be remaking this at some time.

still researching wire or similar product for this.

Ok cool. Well if you're following Strider then you're on the right track! To get the right look from the split power cable/lamp cord it has to be wrapped a specific way. I can take some photos of mine later if you'd like. :)

• Like 1

Ok cool. Well if you're following Strider then you're on the right track! To get the right look from the split power cable/lamp cord it has to be wrapped a specific way. I can take some photos of mine later if you'd like. :)

sure, post some pics :)

i have noticed the screen pics dont look as if the wire is wrapped as tight as i did mine.

sure, post some pics :)

i have noticed the screen pics dont look as if the wire is wrapped as tight as i did mine.

It's definitely needs to be wrapped tight to achieve the correct look. The combination of the correct tube size (1 3/8" outside diameter) combined with a 16 gauge lamp/extension cord split and using the correct cable half after the split is the only way to get the proper look. Maybe I'll do a quick video to illustrate!5194095ac59167dfa009fa77923ed459.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

updating my scout abit ....

~ changed to black zipties ;)

~ cut the holster slots out

~ and i got a bit dirty :)

OvTCWGS.jpg

QYOfZ8t.jpg

58V3yRa.jpg

xyK5Heo.jpg

Yq9mz4W.jpg