BikerScout007's "Strider" build

Guys,

thanks for all the super nice comments :) I always ship my armor pre-trimmed since it's easy for me and it saves the guys some time because they don't have to check endless references as I had to do with my first armors. Only thing which I usually leave untrimmed is one piece of the knee armor for those guys who want both knees trimmed excactly the same down to the millimeter.

Mickey, I'll try to get the remaining pieces done to send them together with Shaun's stuff.

By way of announcement, I'm currently in talks with a maker from UK to do my biker scout armor. He's a great guy, very reliable and has a track record of 10+ years in the prop industry. What's more he has a professional vac forming machine and can hopefully bring out the edge in my molds (particularly thinking of the belt here). Just can't find the time to keep up with demand and it will be great to have a reliable source with short lead times. Hopefully looking to get the ball rolling in the next 2 months....

Cheers

• Like 9

I should be free that weekend!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I'll be there from the 9th to the 16th I think.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll be there from the 9th to the 16th I think.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Sounds good, my dude!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still haven't figured out what way I wanna trim my knees....I've seen it done two different ways. The scout reaching for his blaster on the speeder which I like and then the costuming book pics.

I think I spent the most time on my knees. I mostly used the Bluray screengrabs and MotM exhibit photos as reference. Here's a link to my BluRay screencap gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/s0NiX

• Like 6

I think I spent the most time on my knees. I mostly used the Bluray screengrabs and MotM exhibit photos as reference. Here's a link to my BluRay screencap gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/s0NiX

Thanks Shaun, I don't have a Blu-ray so these are fantastic. ;)

• 1 month later...

Still waiting on my arm armor, but I really think the RS+Strider combo is the most screen accurate I've gotten so far

received_10154848044602555.jpg

• Like 2

Still waiting on my arm armor, but I really think the RS+Strider combo is the most screen accurate I've gotten so far

looks very good man .. awesome :bikerscout:

patiently waiting on the word from strider myself to have that the same settup

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, I got the rest of my kit. It looks great:

20171112_160400_HDR.jpg

And here is a comparison with my old SC pieces. SC is on top, Strider on the bottom. Sorry I couldn't rotate it after uploading

20171112_160645.jpg

And my favorite improvement from SC, bigger knees! Strider on left, SC on right

20171112_160815.jpg

• Like 4

Oh and the shoulder bell comparison. Strider on top versus my heavily modified SC bell on bottom

20171112_160841.jpg

• Like 1

First thing up was the shoulder bells. I put thin elastic straps in the middle of the bell, mounted on zip tie anchors. The straps are supposed to stabilize the bell, not secure it to your arm.

20171112_172001.jpg

What holds the bell in place are the ziptie "t-straps".

So I add this to the top of the bell, with about 1.5 inches of the zipties protruding past the bell

20171114_113504.jpg

Then on top of the connector, I put industrial velcro loop

20171114_113510.jpg

Then on the underside of the chest armor straps, I add the industrial velcro hook

20171114_113733.jpg

Once I connect the bell to the shoulder velcro, it holds very well!

20171114_193133.jpg

• Like 1

Strapping the armor was pretty easy. Strider cuts the slits for the elastic very thin so the slit itself holds the strap very well. All I did was add some hot glue on the inside to hold it down. Which is great because I didn't want to mess with velcro. And of course, I riveted the extra strap to the knee

I made that top strap 11 inches, but your mileage may vary

20171114-191430.jpg

Here are all the pieces strapped up:

20171114-192700.jpg

• Like 2

I'll be tackling that holster next! Then after that the TD

• Like 1

Looking good Mickey, love it. That Strider armor is the bomb diggity! :duim:

It's by far the most screen accurate out there! Can't say enough good things about it.

And I guess I'll have a SC kit for sale soon :D

• 3 weeks later...

Here's me (on the left) all kitted up in my Strider gear, other than the holster which is still SC. This is a pretty good comparison photo too. The Scout on the right is wearing an MLC bucket and SC armor, so you can see the differences between my RS Props bucket and Strider armor

Also, we are both 6 ft tall, and this pic serves as a good example that 7x6 pouches are too big. Mine are 6x5x2

FB-IMG-1512268642900.jpg

• Like 5

Here's me (on the left) all kitted up in my Strider gear, other than the holster which is still SC. This is a pretty good comparison photo too. The Scout on the right is wearing an MLC bucket and SC armor, so you can see the differences between my RS Props bucket and Strider armor

Also, we are both 6 ft tall, and this pic serves as a good example that 7x6 pouches are too big. Mine are 6x5x2

FB_IMG_1512268642900.jpg

Are the dropboxes from the Strider kit smaller? They look great :) The entire thing looks great :D

• Like 1

Are the dropboxes from the Strider kit smaller? They look great :) The entire thing looks great :D

Yes they are. He really did a fantastic job

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well it only took me about 2 and a half years, but I'm finally getting my Strider holster onto my new boots from @Chrisx909x

First I had to make a connector piece from scrap ABS to join the holster frame to the backing piece.  Used a heat gun to curve it.  And gloves!  Don't forget the gloves:

fba37af8079b6b755f10a763cc9ee98d.jpg

I glued the piece to the holster frame with E6000:

da92bd111413ddc7f28c3ca1404c0364.jpg

Then once dried, glued it to the holster backing piece:

2573d6b7412e8e3f572ea0754fa1d31c.jpg

Before mounting to my boot, I took another scrap of ABS to make a reinforcing piece for the top of the holster to go inside my boot.  Again with the heat gun to curve it:

6fcc95dc0e2ca580ea0391c4601cf799.jpg

Then I riveted it onto my boot with 1/8 rivets and washers:

383fd54b3b11b18778dd69a74796cc97.jpg

From the inside of the boot, you can see the reinforcement bracket I made:

6dedda5c7728ff85fd92d6db6d48f0a8.jpg

• Like 3

Folks always ask what rivets I use, well here they are:

463bff70169e58aa114c293e9e2d5f73.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Folks always ask what rivets I use, well here they are:

463bff70169e58aa114c293e9e2d5f73.jpg

so, that's for Holster.. is the same size for the knee armor and back armor(tank)?.. Ooh and what size of the rivet washer?.. sorry for asking alot, i need to gathered the info and buy the correct size first time. Thank you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kacrut said:

so, that's for Holster.. is the same size for the knee armor and back armor(tank)?.. Ooh and what size of the rivet washer?.. sorry for asking alot, i need to gathered the info and buy the correct size first time. Thank you.

Yes it's the same. You'll need a 1/8 rivet washer. 

• Thanks 1