Soft Armor Questions

Ducky

Good day all,

I'm starting to sew the soft parts, and could use some help. The below is the first mock up for the vest, and I was wondering if the neck opening was the correct shape and width? The sleeves probably aren't right yet either. Thank you all for your help.

post-81446-0-39789100-1499115549_thumb.jpg

Hi Amber, with the Vest, you can't actually see the front neck of it, its only the back neck line you can. So I would design it so you cannot see the neck line in the front only the back. So place your chest piece on and gauge from there. Were your shoulder line looks fine.

• Like 1

Correct! The front of the vest can't be seen under the armor so there's not a hard and fast rule about it. I will say though that since the back opening tends to be straight across, most folks tend to do the front the same way. Straight as opposed to rounded.

The vest needs to overlap 2 inches. I would add 2 1/2" to each side. The 1/2" to heam & the other 2" for the velcro closure. Your ends are barely touching. It should look like this.

IMG_5565_zpsbk2msbve.jpg

That will be on the next one, thanks. We were trying to get the back of the collar shaped right, and forgot to put the extra in for the velcro.