Visor / mask assembly question

Continuing work on my SC helmet & was wondering if the sides of the visor get tacked down to the face mask with glue (like in the pic with the blue tape) or if they are left unattached as in the other pic61464a9a4ca79a8b06f1ca0cb038ee5c.jpg13398d0c5dfd329a4d5e9a8bff71fbd9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I left mine unattached. I eventually glued the top. As the bolts loosen over time, the visor and mask would separate some. But if the bolts are tight enough, it won't slip much and your visor will normally stay in the up position if you raise it for fresh air.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've seen them loose but to me it looks "cheap" i added a small dab of 2pt epoxy & glued my KS & my wife's SC. Guess its persomal preferance.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have a question regarding the installation of the 3 m bolt on my SC helmet. I am not sure how the square section just under the flat head of the bolt will not hinder my visor from being flush with the face plat section. Could someone please post a detailed photo of how the bolt should be installed properly.

I fitted some pieces of abs behind so not too pull the sides right in and used E6000 glue, easily removable ;)

I have a question regarding the installation of the 3 m bolt on my SC helmet. I am not sure how the square section just under the flat head of the bolt will not hinder my visor from being flush with the face plat section. Could someone please post a detailed photo of how the bolt should be installed properly.

The diameter of the square should be a hair over 1/2". Drill a 1/2" hole and push the bolt through. It'll stay in place with friction.