Scouts trooping with blasters

I've been looking around the forums, didn't know where to post this, looking at what people have done with their costumes so i can get a general idea of what I'm going to do and one thing has me a little confused, why are scouts sometimes not allowed to carry snipers, like the E-11s, around. I've seen a few have one on a few YouTube videos. One post mentioned a "canon" event i think, correct me if I'm wrong, what is that, and who determines whether or not scouts can carry one?

As a side note, is the boot holster for the scout opened at the bottom, where the barrel sticks out, or is it fully enclosed. (How often do the blasters fall out of said holster?)

A cannon event is one that you are supposed to look as accurate as possible, these are normally LFL (Lucas Film) events.

Non cannon events, pretty much any other event you can carry what you want (will your local garrison approval)

Great info on events in the 501st trooper survival guide http://databank.501st.com/databank/TrooperSurvivalGuide

Although I have a biker pistol with lights and sound I also made a sniper rifle for those bigger than Ewok pests ;)

supa4.jpg

Blasters don't usually fall out of the holsters if you use magnets or Velcro to hold them in. Although there is a hole in the bottom the handle stops the blaster from going all the way through, the hole is smaller than the whole blaster ;)

• Like 1

We are working on getting a sniper rifle into the CRL so folks can troop with them without getting pushback from their Garrisons. It's just coming down to which one or ones it should be. The Scout as sniper concept didn't really exist before the original Battlefront game, but the original Battlefronts are no longer canon. The new Battlefront, where the Scout carries the DLT-20A, is however, under Disney's new rules about canon.

A lot of Scouts like to carry the DLT-19, but it's not a sniper rifle. The DLT-19x is. I would say if you are going to be a Scout and carry a DLT-19, it should have a scope on it, but that's just me.

And then there is the E-11s, which as stated above was created for the original Battlefront game, but I suppose falls under the category of "Legends" now.

But fear not. We will untangle this mess!

• Like 2

Thanks for telling me, that picture of the dinosaur on the speeder made me laugh.

Are there any tutorials for putting Velcro/ magnets in the boot holster?

I made a metal rail for my blaster and recessed some magnets into the base of the holster so it's not seen from the outside, I don't have a build for it but I will take some photos next time I have the boots out.

• Like 1

I made a metal rail for my blaster and recessed some magnets into the base of the holster so it's not seen from the outside, I don't have a build for it but I will take some photos next time I have the boots out.

That's awesome! I have a magnet under the round "trigger" part. The blaster stays in my holster really well. ;)

• Like 1