Screen used flak vest

Shadow78

I don't think there's a public picture of it. However it was confirmed that the cod attached to the vest or suit. Now I can't remember the post that it was brought up in.

It was in one of Gino's threads. Its buried somewhere!

This is my own setup. As you can see, the codpiece is sewn to the front of the vest and the thong runs from the bottom of the codpiece to the back of the vest

FB_IMG_1481311638953_zpsskvlzfie.jpg

• Like 2

Whoh, that's interesting. Totally different from how most TB soft goods are set up. Is there a change in the works for Lancer status rigs?

Im confused then. Isn't the new Lancer standard that the cod attaches to the bund?

Whoh, that's interesting. Totally different from how most TB soft goods are set up. Is there a change in the works for Lancer status rigs?

Sewing the codpiece to the front of the cummerbund was the old way of doing things and one we are trying to encourage people to move away from. As we have learned more and more about this costume over the years, we've found that the codpiece is a big piece of fabric that is sewn to the front of the vest. The cummerbund just holds the pouches, it is not connected to the vest or the codpiece.

You can have a one piece bund and cod or a two piece; both are acceptable for Lancer as long as the proper look is achieved. The problem we have had in the past is that folks were making their bunds way too big (more of a tube top than a cummerbund) and their codpieces way too small. Here are some photos to give you some ideas:

a7fd80a1-55ec-42c5-99e9-13ed03d3a7ef_zpsptj74onk.jpg

2014-10-28221117_zpsd980b1fa.jpg

• Like 1

I followed this method for my Lancer in the fall and it was actually much easier. I attached cod to vest with velcro but haven't removed it since so I guess I could just sew it on at this point. Having it attached to vest makes for easy dressing too. Put on the vest and the cod it in the right place. Cummerbund feels better because it isn't linked to anything else but chest piece and belt.

• Like 1

It was in one of Gino's threads. Its buried somewhere!

This is my own setup. As you can see, the codpiece is sewn to the front of the vest and the thong runs from the bottom of the codpiece to the back of the vest

FB_IMG_1481311638953_zpsskvlzfie.jpg

Great minds think alike!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Inspired of what I have learned here and seen on all the references, I decided for my own setup which I would like to share here as well...

- I made the vest of heavy black cotton as a single part (had to shorten the arms twice in order to reach the desired lenght and meassurement in combination with the shoulder bits)

- Made the Cummerbund of medium weight, polished cotton also as a single part (Its decently glossy but not too much)

- Made the Cod piece also as a single part out of the same material than the Cummerbund

- The pouches are made of heavy cotton canvas in off-white and they will be affixed to the Cummerbund with velcro

- In the end, aall the parts can be fixed togehter with Velcro wich ensures that it fits well and that every bit stays on its desired position (I would even claim with this fixature its all stunt proof and ready to tree-hug).

Have a look and tell me what you think, I am curious to read your feedback...

2_mysp_01.jpg

2_mysp_02.jpg

2_mysp_03.jpg

2_mysp_04.jpg

2_mysp_05.jpg

In the end, all togehter on my mannequin or myself, itlooks like...

2_mym_03.jpg

The strap between the Chest and Back armor is ending up exactly as the border between vest and Cummerbung whilst covering it as ssen on several reference pictures

• Like 2

Those proportions look really good man!

And I am digging those zipties on the shoulder bells :)

Thanks Mickey :) ...well, somehow I knew that you would spot the zip-tie thing and even if I mentioned to Strider that there would be gazillions of other ways to make this part more convenient, the zip-ties HAD to be done to my satisfaction. I think I found a nice concept of connecting that area...

1_shoucol_01.jpg

• Like 2

I'm impressed by all of the unique solutions and modification people come up with. I don't know that I've ever added this many bookmarks or saved this many pictures in such a short time.

I'm glad I can learn from everyone else's experiments and innovations.