Aliaz build thread

Aliaz

How should the buckles be aligned on the drop box straps? Just noticed I have them in different ways in the front so good thing I’m asking before I sew them to the back of the belt.

b3088e4e7c8ffdbf2214b89babfcb8e8.jpg7ea372f71394a91600bab16ea8edefe2.jpg

My advice is to put a bit of velcro on the ends and on the belt.

You can then move them about if needs be.

As I recall the buckles are 'bar down'.

That’s a good point. The wisdom keeps flowing from you chef, Thanks!

Boots arrived today from chrisx909x, Very happy with them :)6217d09bd7f9b165abe25dca768fbaa8.jpg

• Like 2

Still have to finish the tank (put the topper on and rivet it in place) and the holster but other than that I feel pretty happy with the armor pieces.

13b072508d4288692ca4b0e9f4966a6f.jpg269e93bfd3929a3c345a13f341a65744.jpgc773bcf3be0b37b4bbb086a972b0ce08.jpgfdcce7bcfc8ee2145744de0eaee81af0.jpg

Just have to crack on with the bund, cod, pouches and riding patches/flap now. And some velcro on that Damn bicep armor. :)

â€Honey, there are ewoks in the house!â€

5097aca8bb9efebb924307412d5104a8.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

bc8a386fb543b3ff71c0c453b57c7e4f.jpg

448533c02ad88dd1cace2ef0b10713b5.jpg

Some progress atleast. Happy with the pouches (maybe a bit wide) and bund (Although I forgot to add enough fabric for the overlap so my wife will have to put up with doing it again...)

Going to be down to the wire to finish everything before the TLJ premiere.

• Like 1

Got a little friday feeling so decided to throw everything on now that the cumberbund is redone.

f1790b6dd0e4a5edc35f560968786575.jpg

Looking great! The only nits I have are to pull the corner of that left pouch up a bit to square it with the other one and to pull your flight suit legs tight after you get your knees on and before you put your boots on. They look a little bunched around the knee/thigh area. Other than that looks like you’re ready to post in the pre-submission thread. Great work!

Looking great! The only nits I have are to pull the corner of that left pouch up a bit to square it with the other one and to pull your flight suit legs tight after you get your knees on and before you put your boots on. They look a little bunched around the knee/thigh area. Other than that looks like you’re ready to post in the pre-submission thread. Great work!

Thanks for the tips. The pouches there are just being held up by being wedged under the chest armor, haven’t attached them properly yet but I will keep it in mind.

Good point on the flight suit, I plan on putting some elastic straps on the bottom to prevent it from bunching up.

Still have to add the riding patches/flap and attach the tank to the back armor and the holster to the boots before posting a pre-submission thread though. Was shooting for the TLJ premiere but I’ve kinda given up on that, I want to do it right and not just rush.

Finally got around to getting the tank attached to the back armor.

55bad7dd379f2b8400b2cce27a74a5bf.jpgeaead4614c7b01612fa51d7b1204d707.jpg

• Like 2

Where did you get the zip tie anchors? I’ve been thinking going with zip tie for shoulder bells
They were included in the kit.

Approved and will be trooping for the first time today :) TB 87101 is ready to go!

• Like 1

Congrats, I have granted you Pathfinder access on the forum!

Thanks! Did my first troop yesterday, it was awesome! 😊

And a huge Thank you to Chef for the great kit and the advice/help given during my build!

• 9 months later...

This is a top of the line WIP and really good to follow. I read in another post that you split the riding patch in two or more pieces. Do you still have images of that and could you tell what you did exactly? Thanks a lot!

12 hours ago, TK-41015 said:

This is a top of the line WIP and really good to follow. I read in another post that you split the riding patch in two or more pieces. Do you still have images of that and could you tell what you did exactly? Thanks a lot!

Thanks!

I split them in 4 pieces. So one piece for the front part of the right leg, one for the left. And one piece for the back of the right leg, one for the left. Both me and my wife who did the sewing found this much easier to attach and it looks much better. I'll dig around for some photos.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 8:34 AM, Aliaz said:

Thanks!

I split them in 4 pieces. So one piece for the front part of the right leg, one for the left. And one piece for the back of the right leg, one for the left. Both me and my wife who did the sewing found this much easier to attach and it looks much better. I'll dig around for some photos.

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to the images!

Thanks a lot! Looking forward to the images!

Can’t find any of my own pictures but check out this thread by our DL, he is the one that gave me the tip about that method.
http:// http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/19259-undersuit-mods/&_fromLogin=1

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
  • Like 1