SC Armor for a Shorter Person

Hello,

I recently looked at purchasing a set of armor from SC but I am concerned that I will have to really trim it since I am about 5-7 155lbs. I know on their website they say its meant for anyone ranging from 5-6 to 6-3 but I am looking for some feedback from anyone who has purchased armor from them that is around my body type. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You'll be just fine with the SC. I'm about 5'8" 170lbs and I had to do minor trimming on the chest and back armor to fit my body type. There are smaller scouts who use the SC as well. If you like you can look through my build thread and see how I trimmed my armor out here: http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=14946&st=0

• Like 1

You'll be just fine with the SC. I'm about 5'8" 170lbs and I had to do minor trimming on the chest and back armor to fit my body type. There are smaller scouts who use the SC as well. If you like you can look through my build thread and see how I trimmed my armor out here: http://forum.bikersc...opic=14946&st=0

Awesome, I appreciate the feedback. This is my first time putting together something like this so any help is greatly appreciated. Also one more quick question. I don't have any of the tools used to trim and put the armor together. I'm assuming that I can pick up everything I need either at a crafts store or Home Depot correct?

Of course! That's what we're here for. You should be able to find most of what you need at the stores and there is always Amazon if you can't find a certain implement. Check for coupons and if they have a bonus card snag one as that'll help you save a bit. Research is key here so look through several build threads and see how some scouts built their armor. Above all have confidence that you can do it and ask a lot of questions.

I'm 5'6" and I love my SC armor. I really didn't have to do much to it to accommodate my height.

Build thread here: http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?/topic/15462-The-Aren't-You-A-Little-Sort-For-A...Biker-Scout-(WIP)

Oh psssft! We're not short we're just height challenged:lol: The SC will work fine for you as well. As I mentioned there is a bit of trimming to fit your body type as you want the armor to look good on you but it will work just fine and it's not as hard as it sounds. Heck if I can do it anyone can. We're here to help all of you to be successful and get approved. Now go get your armor ordered and start your build threads!

• 2 weeks later...