Dmorja's Build Journey

Dmorja

So, I've talked to Jason about his build. As it seems we are close to the same size/build. I'm worried that the chest and back parts are not to scale for us. Just by looking at the pics, it seems they could be 2-3 inches wider and maybe an inch or two longer. It doesn't seem to fit him well. Its riding too high and not on his shoulders.

Jason, this isn't a critique of your build at all, just a concern about the fit of the armor. What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

Hi Robert, no worries, I know what you are saying. Being big has it's draw backs with anything we do. It has been challenging and fun adapting what I can. Spike's chest and back armor based on my research is one of the widest I have seen. I think it would be too hard to customize the chest and back for each person since molds take a while to create. But, who knows for the right price and time there might be an armorer who is willing. I am sure for a basic clearance the GMLs take into consideration not everyone is shaped the same. Of course I will find out soon as I am close to having everything done. I am finishing up my third flight suit. Practice makes perfect

• Like 1

I am in need of some assistance. I was getting geared up for some photos and the belt broke. The right hand side last box snapped off. Any suggestions on the best way to fix this or should I see about purchasing a new one?

3db551e3f0d96cd2304162387d424d13.jpgc462ece0ec09bd2860be9ab6b5d6aede.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh snap! If there's one thing I've learned from this hobby pretty much everything is fixable. Here's what I'd suggest: get some abs plastic cut a strip the width of the break, then make a 90 degree angle "L". Glue one part inside the belt where it broke and the other side on the other broke piece. You can curve the abs plastic piece into an "L" shape using a heat gun or even a hair dryer. If my explanation doesn't make sense I can draw a pic for ya

Also, use CA gorilla glue or zap a gap for a really good bond

• Like 1

Thanks Aaron, "Snap" I get it, very funny. That's a good suggestion I will get to work on it.