Helmets Available

Hey guys, newbie here looking to start a scout build soon, I was thinking going with SC for my armor kit , my squad leader has their kit and recommends it, but I was wondering what helmets are available. I know Altmans, KS, RS , and Chef's helmets are considered good helmets by what I have read. Does one know which kind are available to order immediately or wait time is reasonable short?

My experiences with helmets are somewhat limited because I started my costume a couple of months ago. I purchased the KS helmet in kit form. It took two months to arrive. I was originally excited about what I saw. But I'll admit now that my enthusiasm was bit premature. The KS parts (at least my parts) were poorly molded. The ear holes are not deep enough. The final look really bugged me. The decals are really bad. The visor bolts are not accurate. The fit of the visor/faceplate to the main helmet is poor. The jury is still out on the updated snout greeblie. I've been building scale model kits for 46 years and simply put I was not happy with the KS kit. I've since ordered a fan-made kit from overseas. The kit parts photos are excellent. I know that Altmans and Chef's helmets are excellent, but I want a kit because all of my soft parts I've made from scratch. And I want to continue "making" the rest of my outfit. I don't know what the KS helmets look like pre-made. But I in all good conscience would not recommend their helmet in kit form.

SC or KS would likely be the quickest turnaround to get to you, as Chef is UK based and Altmann's is coming from Australia, but patience is crucial in this hobby and either of the latter helmets are well worth the wait. By the sounds of it, RS is finishing their pre order obligations and do not intend to offer the Scout Helmet again.

All are approvable, and price will vary as well. There are a LOT of comparison threads and details in the helmet forum to help you make an informed choice.

If you have the opportunity to be a Non Costumed Support (aka Handler) for an event with your garrison, you may have the chance to check some different buckets out in person. Northern Darkness Garrison covers Northern Indiana (obviously ;)) and Bloodfin Garrison is in southern Indiana. If you haven't, sign up for the Garrison forum for your region and say hello!

• Like 4

I personally recommend the Altmanns helmet. It looks amazing, Spike delivers great customer service, and the turn around time is comparable to SC. The KS helmet will take at least 2-3 months to arrive and you'll be expecting much more than you would receive. Just my 2 cents...

• Like 2

In my case for the Altmanns helm Spike told me 6 to 8 weeks . Very reasonable once you see the quality of the helm . I'm a very happy customer

• Like 1

my squad leader has an Altmann helmet and recommends it as well, I'm gonna take a closer look at his soon and I like that it is build already i don't have enough confidence yet to do a helmet myself I only have my anovos TK as my only one I have built