Cleaning biker scout helmet lens

So looking at my altmanns helm I'm guessing the eye lens is a pice of plexiglass with automotive tint . Any suggestions on cleaning ? Also over all cleaning on the helmet . Thanks :)

Like Stroker had mentioned, its likely a green visor similr to a welders shield (alot of us use those) or a tinted piece of acrylic. Using clear acrylic/plexi and putting automotive tint on it is usually a bad idea for these helmets and causes more problems than anything. I dont know of any vendor who does that.

That said ive used windex, automotive window cleaner or novus polish 1 for cleaning the lens with no issues with any of them. You can also use rain-x or catcrap...yes there is a product called catcrap lol...to prevent fogging. Thecatcrap actually works really really well for anti-fog.

I have an Altmanns, too, and just use a handkerchief with a bit of water. I would not use Kleenex as they sometimes smear or distort on lens material like the welders shield.

• Like 1