How to people store/transport their armour?

As mentioned in title, how do you store and transport the armour? I was thinking of getting one of those standard tote containers, preferably one with decent wheels and a handle, but can only really find ones that are coolers.

if people use this kind of thing, what size (gallons/litres) should I look at getting? I'm asking as I don't have everything together yet (no helmet and boots not made) so am having a hard time judging it.

I got one of those "half bins", about half the size of a typical Stormtrooper one. Seems to work out :) ... everything gets a little roughed up... but what good is a clean scout anyway!

I probably use the same as Daniel:

0a26b05b-97b6-41b6-8876-200c09cf9034_400.jpg

It's a Husky 35-inch mobile job box.

• Like 1

I bought a $12 bin from Target. Black and red, so Imperial colors! No wheels or anything. But the scout costume is very light since it's mostly soft goods, and I can pick it up over my head and get around obstacles while my compatriots get stuck on escalators with their rollers ;)

• Like 1

I probably use the same as Daniel:

0a26b05b-97b6-41b6-8876-200c09cf9034_400.jpg

It's a Husky 35-inch mobile job box.

Exact one! My helmet is in a cheap-o moto-helmet bag via amazon, maybe $15? Works just fine. And soft goods + armor + boots are in that little-ol case.

• Like 1

I'm using the exact same Husky case as well along with a custom bikerscout helmet cover from Sgt Carida. The case is perfect. Fits everything and some extras.

Here is a pic of my crate:

0718161127_HDR_zpszpros66d.jpg

Edited by Retrofire

I bought a $12 bin from Target. Black and red, so Imperial colors! No wheels or anything. But the scout costume is very light since it's mostly soft goods, and I can pick it up over my head and get around obstacles while my compatriots get stuck on escalators with their rollers ;)

Witnessing the madness at DragonCon for the first time last year I could definitely see where this would come in handy to leave people in the dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

645ccf9bedfc40b2e4ecbbeb736faec8.jpg

Target - Sterilite containers. Everything fits nicely - 44 gallon, I think. Light enough to carry when needed and easy enough to roll otherwise.

I use the Contico rolling locker. I got it at Container Store for $40 but i see WalMart (online anyways) now carries it for $26.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/2476189

I just riveted a flexible nylon fabric strap to each end and it's great! But everything has to be fit in just perfectly each time, which also makes it good for shipping to conventions if that's an idea.

e8ad0ec6de45eec25a8f419893e851e4.jpg55c55553b0de1c1141222dda62fe3792.jpg074ba55b50ae5c060c97522509ae01e8.jpg

I use the Contico rolling locker. I got it at Container Store for $40 but i see WalMart (online anyways) now carries it for $26.

I just riveted a flexible nylon fabric strap to each end and it's great! But everything has to be fit in just perfectly each time, which also makes it good for shipping to conventions if that's an idea.

e8ad0ec6de45eec25a8f419893e851e4.jpg55c55553b0de1c1141222dda62fe3792.jpg074ba55b50ae5c060c97522509ae01e8.jpg

How heavy is this? Do you ever pick it up and carry? Or roll it only? -thanks!

Yes I can pick it up and carry it, frequently when stairs are involved. Rolling works better but you can carry it as well.

• Like 1

Good thing about that last tub with stickers it is TSA cleared. It meets all the required dimentions to fit on most air lines. I took 2 to Florida for C5.

I use this

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Husky-37-in-Mobile-Job-Box-209261/203668066

Its perfect and it has a removable tool bin for my trooping first aid kit. It holds everything including my helmet and has a keyed lock. I love my travel tote

I use this

http://m.homedepot.c...09261/203668066

Its perfect and it has a removable tool bin for my trooping first aid kit. It holds everything including my helmet and has a keyed lock. I love my travel tote

Just looked at it. It's large but could be good. I noticed it's $54 in the US and a horrendous $149 in Canada. That's (with conversion) is over 200% markup. I think I'll pop over the border next weekend and grab one.

Cheers again all.

I initially carried my stuff in a 160 litre Ezy Storage box, which looks good but was way too big and only had little wheels, so was very bulky when trying to fit it through a convention.

I may be traveling with it soon so investigated whether it would fit in my soft-sided suitcase - I discovered it does, if the arm/knee armour is pushed inside the boots and I removed the tank from the back, but was a little concerned about how the helmet would fare if it was squashed so have been looking for a more solid plastic-sided box.

Just bought a 100 litre Toolpro box on sale today (NZ$45), which fits everything with a little room to spare (and doesn't require me to remove the tank), takes up the space of a larger sized suitcase, and has proper wheels so will be easy to move around!

8AEB6C51-BD4B-492C-A828-19BE7E0319B2_zpsfhmnnmgt.jpg

948B62C6-6D18-4134-8C14-8CB077D1F33E_zpso7shyc4v.jpg

I use one of these: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/stanley-24-gallon-mobile-job-chest-0581145p.html

Fits the scout nicely and it doesn't take up much space. Easy to maneuver and fits in my vehicle with loads of room to spare.

I use one of these: http://www.canadiant...t-0581145p.html

Fits the scout nicely and it doesn't take up much space. Easy to maneuver and fits in my vehicle with loads of room to spare.

Oooo, didn't see that in Canadian Tire. May pick one up. While more than the $54 USD one from Home Depot it doesn't involve 2.5 hours of driving to get, and I have to go to Canadian Tire anyway. Cheers for that.