Hey all I recently acquired a KS helmet fully built. It is my understanding that out of the box it is not 501st ready.

Ive built a stormtrooper helm and know where to get those parts but the scout is giving me trouble where do I find an accurate snout replacement that fits the KS face? And how do i remove the inaccurate hook logo without damaging my lid?

I have already been to the trooperbay site and its currently not open for business apparently.

Thanks in advance

Look up DVH's for sale thread. You'll have a bit of sanding to do on his snout to fit the KS he sells but totally worth it! As for Trooperbay his under going surgery and he'll be down for a bit. He has the best TB decals you can get. As for removing your old one just start peeling at one corner and it'll come right off.

It may depend on your GML, but the KS has been approved as is. It did have some pretty obvious issues though (snout greeblie, visor bolts, decals). I've heard tell that they have upgraded the snout though.

Before you start pulling stuff off, throw up a couple pictures. You might be ok for basic clearance, but would probably need to change a couple for Lancer if you're considering that route.

Hey all I recently acquired a KS helmet fully built. It is my understanding that out of the box it is not 501st ready.

Ive built a stormtrooper helm and know where to get those parts but the scout is giving me trouble where do I find an accurate snout replacement that fits the KS face? And how do i remove the inaccurate hook logo without damaging my lid?

I have already been to the trooperbay site and its currently not open for business apparently.

Thanks in advance

Out of the box, the KS is fully approvable. I know this from experience. But for Lancer, yes you need to change the decals, change the snout, remove the mesh, put black on the inside behind the ears and change the bolt covers.

Oh sweet i didnt realize it was good to go for basic approval. Im definetly gonna replace the decals and bolts amd probably wait to do the snout if it doesnt look too bad. I am getting their more recent kit since i just ordered last week

If your going Lancer or have future plans your better to start right off the bat. Trust me my suit ordeal has went on for 3 months now. Going back upgrading this and that is is a pain because as of now it's just small things between the Lancer and basic TB.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

There is no newer KS helmet. Their design has not changed and is the same as it has always been. The snout, decals, and bolt covers are not accurate. They also put a rubber seam along the bottom of the helmet. Although some have been approved without making any modifications, that's a rare case. Most Garrison Membership Liaisons will not approve it as-is...

They did change their snout. It's a lot more accurate than the one I got from them 2 years ago. It's nowhere near DVH quality but it's a huge improvement

• Like 1

My KS helmet arrived about an hour ago. I agree... the snout has been replaced. But it's longer in length than the DVH snout and the aerator is significantly larger too. The newer KS snout detail is sharper and cleaner now. Once the helmet is assembled it'll be easier to compare and decide which snout is more appropriate. The KS decals are trash. Trooper Bay wins hands down. The mesh in the KS kit is best left in the box. The visor bolt heads no longer have the black ring around them, but they're still not accurate. The kit comes with a 3/16" tinted lens. It's quite hefty. I've heard comments of how the lens is not dark enough. I must disagree with regards to the lens that they've given me. It's dark enough. But the pattern that they've drawn on the lens protective cover is not accurate. The top two corners should be rounded, but pointed as drawn. I have a 1/16" thick tinted welder's plastic shield. I like this material better. The ABS parts that they've pulled for me and very well done. Excellent quality. I'm very pleased with it.

• Like 3

If you have a chance could you throw up some pics of the new snout, Randy? Really curious to see it.

Thanks for the blow by blow on the new KS kit parts. It'll be nice to have things that much closer on such a readily available bucket.

If you have a chance could you throw up some pics of the new snout, Randy? Really curious to see it.

Thanks for the blow by blow on the new KS kit parts. It'll be nice to have things that much closer on such a readily available bucket.

I'm having a little trouble uploading photos John. But I'll work on it.

Anyways, my first impressions of the KS helmet were misleading. They say that you never really get to know your car until you wash it the first time. The same can be said for the KS helmet. What I thought was pretty good out-of-the-box, is not so good when I started building it and really looking at the parts more closely. I won't get into details, suffice to say I ordered a kit from overseas. More expensive, but you get what you pay for I guess.

• 1 month later...

Oh and does anyone sell bolt covers? Ive found the decals and baklava on trooperbay

If you have a chance, sure. Love to check out the new snout greeblie!

We were just discussing bolt covers in a recent thread. You can actually use elevator bolts, or try to acquire some 3M speedglass bolts. That's what was originally used. Someone had access to the whole headband a while back, but I think just the bolts can be found online. I'm sorry I don't have a definite source handy.