Any Opinion on Central City - Chester and their Helmets?

Hey,

I'm a newbie and trying to start by finding a Helmet. After doing lots of research, through here and other pages, I found a Helmet by chance but haven't bought it yet. During a comic con i found about Central City - Chester, which is a bigger comic book, memorabilia store.

They are offering finished scout trooper helmets (they looked pretty good in real life).

They only said they get their Helmets from someone who is crafting them in the UK.

It all seems very legit, but i don't want to make the investment before asking if anyone here has experience with them?

They have a very active customer service, their pricing is pretty good and they told me that just this week they sold one helmet to a member of the UK Garrisson.

So does anyone know about them and the Helmets they offer?

Here are two pics they send me, and that are also accessible on their Facebook page:

13553369_1715997801994710_1954712437_n.jpg?oh=41fca75289df88a5c713add11ab21625&oe=5771E667

13530454_1715997798661377_2135382195_n.jpg?oh=e0fd6d1091e15c4d3df3568c34c44445&oe=57720AD2

13530664_1715998341994656_141477011_n.jpg?oh=da68390d0693d2b2ab5c2e966a0de101&oe=5771E29E

Never really heard of them and there are no reviews here on it. To me, it looks like a helmet offered by New Image from the UK, but the inaccurate bolts look more like the CB helmet. It appears to be fiberglass. Also, it looks rather large.

If you have done research here, you no doubt know there are better helmets readily available.

What do they cost?

• Like 1

Never really heard of them and there are no reviews here on it. To me, it looks like a helmet offered by New Image from the UK, but the inaccurate bolts look more like the CB helmet. It appears to be fiberglass. Also, it looks rather large.

If you have done research here, you no doubt know there are better helmets readily available.

What do they cost?

I saw one of them at their booth at a local comic con, but that one was weathered. They offered it cheaper a bit cheaper. Ordering one with them is 225 pound. So roughly 300 Dollars, or in my case 270 Euros. Thats without shipping, but thats not a big issue since shipping shouldn't be that much. And they're fully assembled, painted etc.

Within that price range is only the SC one, as far as i know, but I am happy if you can correct me on that :)

But the SC one isn't assembled or painted, and even if i would call myself handy in some fields i never really worked with plastic, fiberglass, epoxy or the likes.

And what exactly is inacurate with the bolts?

Thanks for the fast answer!

edit: From What I've got so far and all the Comparison photos i would be more interested in a LW or MLC Helmet, but from what I heard the first one is rather hard to get your hands on. And I'm sorry but i haven't stumbled on the abbreviation "CB". If this goes offtopic you can also PM me :)

I saw one of them at their booth at a local comic con, but that one was weathered. They offered it cheaper a bit cheaper. Ordering one with them is 225 pound. So roughly 300 Dollars, or in my case 270 Euros. Thats without shipping, but thats not a big issue since shipping shouldn't be that much. And they're fully assembled, painted etc.

Within that price range is only the SC one, as far as i know, but I am happy if you can correct me on that :)

But the SC one isn't assembled or painted, and even if i would call myself handy in some fields i never really worked with plastic, fiberglass, epoxy or the likes.

And what exactly is inacurate with the bolts?

Thanks for the fast answer!

edit: From What I've got so far and all the Comparison photos i would be more interested in a LW or MLC Helmet, but from what I heard the first one is rather hard to get your hands on. And I'm sorry but i haven't stumbled on the abbreviation "CB". If this goes offtopic you can also PM me :)

I'm fairly certain that is a New Image helmet. I have only met one member here who tried that one and it was not a good experience. The bolts in the pic are rounded on top, not accurate. Also, CB (cucblack) is a former member and seller here that does not have a decent reputation. Similar looking helmets...

The SC helmet could be a good option depending on your head size. The MLC is also not a bad option but is made from fiberglass. Neither option is super accurate but are close in price.

I'd recommend the Altmanns helmet for reputation, size, fit, and finish. It comes ready made and is a great helmet. There is an open run in the trade forum and many happy customers.

• Like 1

I just get the message "an error ocurred". Am i somehow restricted from that page or is the link broken?

You need at least 5 posts to see the trade forum. But, that is the link to use and also what I mentioned in my previous post.

I just get the message "an error ocurred". Am i somehow restricted from that page or is the link broken?

Wow! Thanks for all the info!

I already read further in this forum after your first comment and now I even have pictures to the inacurracies your pointing to! :)

I will look in the Trade forum as soon as i get 5 posts

And to get that fifth post, and i hope its alright, I'll just make a new one for a different line of questions.

So you would say that the Altmanns, in your opinion, is the best choice of the three? And what would you recommend if budget would not be taken into account?

And i could try to assemble a kit, i saw a lot of tutorials not only on this page, but yeah i just have no experience at all with Fiberglass/ABS.

And: What is there to say against Fiberglass? I already read that Vinyl is a bad choice as its not very heat resistent, but wheres the difference between ABS and Fiberglass (the two most common choices for helmets as far as i know)?