2016 Helmet Poll

2016 Helmet Poll  

95 members have voted

1. 1. What Biker Scout helmet do you mainly wear for trooping?

• Studio Creations (SC)
    • Kropserkel (KS)
    • MLC
    • Altmanns (ALT)
    • Rubies
    • RS Prop Masters (RS)
    • Lonewolf (LW)
    • Cucblack (CB)
    • Chef's Creations (CC)
    • Other

I guess I stand alone with the NI58 Bucket. It's larger and fiberglass. Waiting on Dicky Beer Bucket now

How do you like it? I've looked at that one over and over.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

How do you like it? I've looked at that one over and over.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Well it is Fiberglass so there are plus and minuses of that. Easily repaired and sturdy but rather heavy. I opted for the slightly larger v2, but if I had it to do again I would get the standard size Fiberglass one from them. Good support and communication with them and the helmet is well detailed. Would not troop longer than 4 hours at a time with it. Neck may get sore.

• Like 1

The MLC and Cucblak have excellent deep (realistic) ear holes which I like. The SC do not have recessed ear holes at all :( but I am going to find a solution for that.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few out there, but most either ordered and never got them, or have since sold them.

I have a SC and a CucBlack. The SC was too small for me, so I got the CB. It was a PITA to get, but has served me will.

I am currently selling my snow scout to fund my shoretrooper, but it's going to another larger trooper.

I'm not familiar with the ALT -- is it a good option for troopers with larger melons?

I'm not familiar with the ALT -- is it a good option for troopers with larger melons?

It's the only one I've tried, but I have a 23.5" circumference head and I can pretty much put it on without opening the faceplate. Reading up on helmets, I was scared off the SC immediately.

• Like 1

I really like my Cucblack helmet kit. I bought it on eBay and he was using different name, but it was him nonetheless. Outstanding molds. Excellent workmanship. The only thing that didn't impress me was the snout. It was a poorly done recast of the DJ resin snout which I already had.

post-81822-0-94138000-1480336963_thumb.jpg

post-81822-0-81771800-1480336984_thumb.jpg

post-81822-0-33179800-1480336998_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have experience with the faraway creations helmet? I know the company has done work for Anovos on the Snow Trooper, but that does not mean the Scout stands up to the other vendors listed in the poll.

http://www.farawaycreations.com/costumes/2015/10/1/biker-scout

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a Rubies converted that I liked, but it was REALLY hard to reshape and it was heavy, but it actually looked decent.

The second and only other one I had was a KS and I loved it for how light it was and with some work got it looking super nice.

The only complaint I had with it, being it was the earliest model offered, it wouldn't open right, so it became a sealed shut face, but my head still fit in just fine. Functionally though I wish it worked like the movie ones just because I am weird like that.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a line on where you can get a ALT other than ebay?

Hoss

<<<< nevermind, just saw the link above >>>>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...