Close looking gloves?

So awhile back I spent a long while on Ebay looking for some scout gloves and came across these. Scout Gloves

I would need to remove the strap and remove a rib as it has five instead of four. But the ribs look to be the correct size. And it already has a "V" shape sown into it.

But I thought I'd ask to see what others think about it.

150613402.jpg

Stitching on the inside would probably need to resemble something like this. It's pretty close looking that's for sure... if you're a handy person can totally understand the value of making the changes yourself, but if you aren't WampaWear does offer them complete for a little bit more.

• Like 1

Or.... you could avoid the hassle and just get WW gloves ;)

Or.... you could avoid the hassle and just get WW gloves ;)

This. Also with Wampa Wear you won't have to worry the gloves cuff being huge. Those gloves you posts is what SA uses as a base and the cuffs flair big time! Bro not trying to kill your drive but somethings are just easier to buy. The gloves are complicated. As is the rest of the soft parts if done right.

Sorry about double posting, but I just came across these ones, Gloves

They have four ribs, the stitching over the palm, doesn't look like a large flair on the cuffs, and all I would have to do is add the suede on the fingers and thumb, remove the strap and add the "V"

I do see it has some cracking on it though from being worn down; I don't know if that would be repairable or not.

But what do you guys think about this one?

Sorry about double posting, but I just came across these ones, Gloves

They have four ribs, the stitching over the palm, doesn't look like a large flair on the cuffs, and all I would have to do is add the suede on the fingers and thumb, remove the strap and add the "V"

I do see it has some cracking on it though from being worn down; I don't know if that would be repairable or not.

But what do you guys think about this one?

Honestly, you're better off picking up a pair of WW gloves. Those will never be close enough.

• Like 1

The second gloves look much closer, but definitely gonna take some work. The cracking you might not be able to repair, but you could possibly color in the spots that show? Unsure... not a professional with leather works!

Understandable about keeping the costs down, the overall project does add up and saving every-bit you can helps... But, I'd still recommend spending the little bit extra on WW since the gloves will be in brand new condition, spot-on replicas, and if they don't fit he offers exchanges. And there are various other ways to save money such as modifying your own RedKapp, sewing your own bund, flak vest & cod, constructing your own boots. If you have the skill-set those are great ways to save HUGE on this costume.

• Like 1

As everyone says. WW gloves are what you need. Scout is one of the more affordable builds but its not cheap either. It would be better to spend the extra money and get approved than to waste money and get denied than end up spending more to fix the problem you had the answer to from the start.

And like said above, I sent $30 on WalMart hiking boots, $15 on vinyl and $4 on shoe goo and made my boots. $100 to a friend in my garrison and she made my bund and vest. So there are ways to cut corners and save money on the costume. Hell I trooped almost a year and a half before I got a blaster. And found a 3d printed blaster on etsy for $30/$40 and customized it to look accurate with a little paint.

Time is $$$. The peace of mind of knowing you have something approvable vs a project glove is money well spent. It would just be an unnecessary roadblock in your build process.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I would rather not spend $60 on gloves. So I'll keep looking, and if I end up having to get WW then I will. I'm trying to keep this whole project as cost effective as possible.

I bought my gloves from WW. They are absolutely perfect. The quality is top-notch. Well worth the cost. I have most of my stuff together now. My helmet is ordered and I just need to buy the armor. One thing I've discovered though, keeping costs down is very hard to do.

• Like 2

I bought my gloves from WW. They are absolutely perfect. The quality is top-notch. Well worth the cost. I have most of my stuff together now. My helmet is ordered and I just need to buy the armor. One thing I've discovered though, keeping costs down is very hard to do.

Yup. Costuming isn't a cheap hobby. Thankfully, you can space the cost out with a scout. You're still gonna have some big costs (armour and helmet) but the rest can be broken down and either done locally or purchased in bits.

Well.......................

The issue is ...Are applying for 501st?

If you doing it for personal costuming, any gloves will do. But if you applying for 501st and then you GML said, the gloves won't pass.

So where you go from there.......

Get another gloves......which cost more money.