Howdy Y'all from South Texas

Abner

Hello All,

I am Abner from down in Laredo, Texas. We first ran into some of your 501st Troopers at the Dallas Fanfest in 2015. We were mighty impressed with the outfits and the attention to detail y'all show. Then last weekend we went to the 2016 Dallas Fanfest and everyone of you were awesome. This time we took time to speak to y'all and attend the 1 hour Q&A.

post-81905-0-23240900-1465518651_thumb.jpg

post-81905-0-65951200-1465518651_thumb.jpg

My daughter and I were floored with all you do for make a wish and the other charity support. We went home and I scoured youtube for videos on the 501st Legion and OMG was that awesome. I for one wish to join y'all and be apart of this wonderful volunteer service y'all have created. Of course I spoke to the wife about it first and she said go figure you are a 49 year old kid anyway. She thinks all of my hobbies are a bit different then normal people, but she said I can come PLAY!!! I am seriously interested in creating a kashyyyk trooper costume.

post-81905-0-12071900-1465518652_thumb.jpg

I am down in Laredo, Texas so am pretty far from everywhere but if you point me to a vendor and say buy this armor and this helmet and this paint. I will do it and hold on to everything till y'all throw one of those armor Parties so I don't mess anything up. I don't have any issues traveling some.

I was looking at those British DPM Desert Camos but they have weird sizes. I am a big guy (er plump....fat) with a 44 waist so not sure what the Chest 49 200/128 meant. I am pretty lucky I have a friend that is a seamstress tell me what I need and I will put her right on it :D

Any help ya can give me or advice feel free to let me know, And again thanks for all you do.

Abner

• Like 1

Welcome to bs.n!

I would take some time to check out the forums and get a feel for the various vendors. I have my preferences as far as whom to buy what from, but everyone is different.