Hello!!! Rookie needing help!

SK7

Hello! (I wasn't sure where to post this, I hope I made the right choice!)

Hope I'm doing this right! I have made some Star Wars costumes before..but not any that required armor. I'm nervous about making mistakes, especially since it's not cheap! I REALLY want to build the Biker Scout! So far I've gotten advice to buy the armor parts from Studio Creations. I'll be getting what I can over time, since I'm just a teacher and can't drop what'd I'd like all at once for my new project---but I'm also pretty competent with a sewing machine. So, I'm wondering if there are any pieces I could sew myself, or if I just shouldn't chance it. I was also curious how the fit of the armor is for a woman...do adjustments need to be made? And I've read mixed opinions on the helmet? What's best?

I'd love any and all feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Welcome to bs.n, SK7!

Have a good long look around these pages. A wealth of information and experience are at your fingertips (and a bunch of good, helpful folks both old and new)!

If you're even slightly handy with a sewing machine, you can absolutely make your own soft parts - flightsuit (modified coveralls), cummerbund/pouches, flak vest... Going this route can save a few bucks for sure. More info and even patterns for some parts can be found in the Soft Armor section.

SC is definitely good stuff and they are hassle free to deal with..As for helmets, some are good and easy to come by, some are great and harder to get hold of. The opinions you'll find are primarily in regard to fit (large vd smaller heads, etc...) There are numerous threads in the helmet forum discussing various buckets and their attributes.

The costume will always need to be adjusted somewhat to each wearer to obtain the best fit and overall look. We have many "Girl Scouts". I don't think their builds involve any special or significant differences, but I would peruse the build (WIP) threads in the Biker Scout HQ section. There are different ways of attacking just about everything.

Take your time, read read read, and most importantly have fun! If you have any questions, just holler. Good luck with your project!

• Like 1

Hey welcome to BSN! The biker scout armor wise is pretty easy most of the costume consist of soft parts and since you know your way around a sewing machine you should be able to save a nice chunk of change! The suit,bund,flak vest and boots can be very expensive. As for a helmet I'm no longer fill comfortable recommending a helmet. If your noggin is on the small size studio creations will work.

The armor fit is up to how your built.

• Like 1

Welcome to bs.n. Since you are in Florida, I suggest reaching out to your local Advance Recon Team as well for assistance. The Point of Contact is Chex, who is also the Detachment leader!

• Like 1

Summer, if you're on FB, send me a message and I'll add you to the group. Michael Lawton is my full name
Okay! I don't use FB a lot, but I'll log on later and message you! Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk