Ziptie T-straps

I would glue the end of the zip tie to the piece of velcro that you would stick to the underside of the shoulder bridge. If that makes sense

It makes sense, but I just can't get it to work... I guess I have to use a better glue.

Until then, I decided to do it like this:

20160603_113431_zps5wcgklae.jpg

Which actually works really well, because then you can retract the T-straps, into the shoulder bells, for storage purposes.

20160603_113458_zpsk22172th.jpg

• Like 5

That looks great! Also, you can replace your elastic strap with 1/2 inch instead.

That looks great! Also, you can replace your elastic strap with 1/2 inch instead.

Uh oh...I think I have alot (read: All but knees) of straps to replace haha

\m/

We can use 1/2 elastic on the bells now? Is that a new Lancer mod upcoming?

Yes. Closer looks at photos have determined that 1/2 inch is the size used.

• Like 1

So I'm confused here a bit. The Lancer standard that I am working to here: http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=12081 indicates the following: 13. Shoulder armour should be secured around bicep with a 35mm ( 1 3/8") black elastic, similar to a TK.

Does that mean that this is going to need to be replaced with a 0.5" elastic strap and add a zip tie or is this something that is only if you want to?

Not trying to be malicious here I'm just confused with these changes to the shoulder armor and unsure of what to do as I'm going to be submitting for Lancer as soon as my new bund arrives.

So I'm confused here a bit. The Lancer standard that I am working to here: http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=12081 indicates the following: 13. Shoulder armour should be secured around bicep with a 35mm ( 1 3/8") black elastic, similar to a TK.

Does that mean that this is going to need to be replaced with a 0.5" elastic strap and add a zip tie or is this something that is only if you want to?

Not trying to be malicious here I'm just confused with these changes to the shoulder armor and unsure of what to do as I'm going to be submitting for Lancer as soon as my new bund arrives.

Peter that's something the whole team is working on. You can make the t straps if you want to or the zip tie method. The new specs are still in debate. As far as 0.5 strap yes use that's one of the new specs.

Sorry for the double post. As of right now you can do it either way. Also if the zip tie spec is put in place or the t-strap method stays either way their super easy and quick to change out.

Peter that's something the whole team is working on. You can make the t straps if you want to or the zip tie method. The new specs are still in debate. As far as 0.5 strap yes use that's one of the new specs.

Appreciate it Tim.

Go half inch on the shoulder bell straps. Think of the zip tie as extra credit for now!

• 2 months later...

That is a great find, does anyone else have some pics of what they did to get this to work?

I would think that if you used 2 zip ties side by side that might work? Also, you could you another zip tie on the opposite end(female) and glue it into place and slide the male end into it. Once you have the length you like you could glue it or melt it(them, if use 2 for strength and stability) into place. I thought I saw some industrial sized zip ties that they use for holding cables or bundles of wires into place? I found this one below? They have several options on the website. But with a metal cable going through the middle, it would be sturdy enough to last far longer than you might be wearing it? Plus the T-flared end would allow for better gluing.

Great find though. I am just awaiting my armour and helmet to arrive and this will help when I get started.

Many thanks Mickey!

https://www.grainger...29_AS01?smthumb$

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually glad we found this out and added it to the lancer specs - I have a problem with persistent slippage of my shoulder bells, leaving a bigger gap than there should be, and after my last troop decided I really needed some sort of attachment between chest/back and shoulder bells. This kills two birds with one stone!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It makes sense, but I just can't get it to work... I guess I have to use a better glue.

Until then, I decided to do it like this:

20160603_113431_zps5wcgklae.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of how the zip ties actually attach to the shoulder bridges. I'm having a really hard time visualising it.

Sorry folks, I forgot to post how I set mine up:

FB_IMG_1481311648254_zpsxxj7kqwd.jpg

I have hotglued the connection between the ziptie anchor and the shoulder bridge. So the shoulder bells always stay connected to the chest armor. This is how Gino described the way the screen scout was done.

• Like 1

I have hotglued the connection between the ziptie anchor and the shoulder bridge. So the shoulder bells always stay connected to the chest armor. This is how Gino described the way the screen scout was done.

I must have missed the change in the shoulder bell strap size...what size is it? How did you finish the loop?

So have you attached the "top" zip tie anchor to the white cotton loop that goes over the shoulder bridge?

I must have missed the change in the shoulder bell strap size...what size is it? How did you finish the loop?

It's 1/2 inch for Lancer. Here I am experimenting with 1/4 inch, which I suspect may have been the actual size. Shhh

I sewed the two ends of the strap together and then ziptied them to the ziptie anchor that I affixed into the bell.

So have you attached the "top" zip tie anchor to the white cotton loop that goes over the shoulder bridge?

Yes. I hotglued it to the loop. It works great.

As weird as this set up sounded when Gino first described it to me, once I tried it out I loved it. Turns out those LFL costume designers know what they are doing!