Retrofire's Pre-Approval Pics

Greetings Pathfinders. I've finally achieved a point where I'm ready to submit for approval. Here are my pics. I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much!

Front

0505162009_HDR-1_zps4cwzxa4o.jpg

Port

0505162002a_HDR-1_zpsbk6ze7yq.jpg

Starboard

0505162003a_HDR-1_zpskt6pyu4a.jpg

Aft

0505162003_HDR-1_zps2nsyby5j.jpg

• Like 9

Just two things, and these are more Lancer than anything else, but that's what I have an eye for:

Codpiece seems a bit narrow

Your bund is hanging below your belt, so it's probably too long

But you've done a great job and should sail through basic approval

• Like 1

Looking really good man! Mickey has given you awesome guidance. Just a few tidiness things...straighten your boots in the back and makes sure they are straight. It's just an OCD thing for me! And, is that a chin cup, or your actual chin? If it's your chin, pull that balaclava up over your chin to hide the "flesh" area. All looks good and you should pass approval easily!

• Like 1

Looks awesome. I don't see a thing out of place.

Thanks Philip!

Just two things, and these are more Lancer than anything else, but that's what I have an eye for:

Codpiece seems a bit narrow

Your bund is hanging below your belt, so it's probably too long

But you've done a great job and should sail through basic approval

Thanks Mickey! Yeah I've been kinda fighting the bund through this build. It is fine for basic but I'm going to commission another one before I submit my Lancer application. I've worked to bring as much as much of my armor as I can up to Lancer standards but I'm afraid the bund will have to replaced. I think I'll hit up Marcel.

Looking really good man! Mickey has given you awesome guidance. Just a few tidiness things...straighten your boots in the back and makes sure they are straight. It's just an OCD thing for me! And, is that a chin cup, or your actual chin? If it's your chin, pull that balaclava up over your chin to hide the "flesh" area. All looks good and you should pass approval easily!

Thanks Jim! You right. That's my chin (DOH!) I usually have my balaclava up and over my face but I dorked it this time. You're right about the boots too. I'm still learning how to adjust various parts when in armor. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. I make sure that doesn't happen when I trooping. Gotta represent! Thanks for all the help you gave to get me to this point!

• Like 1

Here's a little guideline I came up with from the Costumes book when I was redoing my codpiece and cummerbund. I ended up going the two piece route. You want to achieve this look, whether you go one or two piece:

codandbund_zps54aa4f9b.jpg

Notice that the cummerbund is actually pretty short. Pretty much just runs from just under the arm pit to just below the top of the belt. The codpiece on the other hand, is much larger than yours, both in width and height.

You will want to pull your belt up so it goes across your waist (above your hips, across your belly button) so that it reaches the bottom of your pouches. You don't want that gap between the bottom of your pouches and the top of your belt. So any amount of bund that is popping out from under your belt should tell you how much you need to get rid of.

Again, this is Lancer type stuff, but it seems you are headed in that direction anyway.

Here's a graphic I made based on my codpiece, which attaches to my undersuit with velcro:

codpiece%20pattern_zps2ywytvpb.jpg

Here's a thread I made about this topic awhile back. Different codpiece than the one I have now, but you'll get the point:

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=12690

• Like 4

Awesome job Retro!

Thanks Pac!

Looks really good dude!

Thanks Cheyenne! You're next! Get that armor finished Scout!

• Like 1

Here's a little guideline I came up with from the Costumes book when I was redoing my codpiece and cummerbund. I ended up going the two piece route. You want to achieve this look, whether you go one or two piece:

codandbund_zps54aa4f9b.jpg

Notice that the cummerbund is actually pretty short. Pretty much just runs from just under the arm pit to just below the top of the belt. The codpiece on the other hand, is much larger than yours, both in width and height.

You will want to pull your belt up so it goes across your waist (above your hips, across your belly button) so that it reaches the bottom of your pouches. You don't want that gap between the bottom of your pouches and the top of your belt. So any amount of bund that is popping out from under your belt should tell you how much you need to get rid of.

Again, this is Lancer type stuff, but it seems you are headed in that direction anyway.

Here's a graphic I made based on my codpiece, which attaches to my undersuit with velcro:

codpiece%20pattern_zps2ywytvpb.jpg

Here's a thread I made about this topic awhile back. Different codpiece than the one I have now, but you'll get the point:

http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=12690

Really good explanation on the bund. I was trying to be really conscious about where the belt was sitting (on my hips over the belly button) so I spent some time adjusting and readjusting the bund to make sure it sat at the belt line. I totally get what you mean about the width of the cod which is why I'm going to get a new one before I submit Lancer. I'm also going to have to replace my vest, which is a bummer because Gabe did a really nice job on it, as this one is a tad too tight over my flight suit which makes movement a little tough. I'll be hitting you up for advice for sure before I replace my current bund.

• Like 1

You can't just pull the bund a little higher? When I was doing submission I really needed a few times to learn how to wear the ensemble correctly and I started to establish reference points where on my body things needed to go so it all lines up. I figured out where the top of the bund needed to be on me so the rest of it sat right at the belt line.

You can't just pull the bund a little higher? When I was doing submission I really needed a few times to learn how to wear the ensemble correctly and I started to establish reference points where on my body things needed to go so it all lines up. I figured out where the top of the bund needed to be on me so the rest of it sat right at the belt line.

Hmmm am I missing something here? I added Velcro to my vest and bund to ensure it sat high and my belt is at my hip and belly button line so the bottom of the belt sits at the bottom of my bund. Looking at my rear shot I can see that the belt is at a slight angle so it comes above the bund line. I guess I'm not seeing what you experienced guys are seeing. I want it to be right for sure. I'm fine trooping in it but I do agree that the cod is a bit narrow so I'll looking for a replacement in the future.

The bund is too long, you can see that clearly from the back. It's going about two inches below your belt. So if you pull your belt down to cover it up (which a lot of folks do) then you've got too much of a gap between your pouches and the belt.

The pointers I am giving are for Lancer. There are plenty of Basic scouts out there that have bunds that are way too long and have the odd long white torso thing happening. But you don't want to be basic, right? ;)

My man here has the belt the same height that you do. See how much bund is sticking out from under his belt? that's right -- zero

mudflap_zps7b86b611.png

How about this? See how short homeboy's bund is?

screencap_1080_bikerscout_jumponbike_01_zpsra3icfyr.jpg

I say this to prospects all the time -- you want to make the best scout? Don't try to copy other Legion scouts and see what you can get away with. Follow these three rules:

1) Watch the movie

2) Watch the movie

3) Watch the movie

Ask yourself: do I look like the film scout? That's what you want to aim for.

ROTJ-cummerbund_zps68858eec.png

• Like 3

The bund is too long, you can see that clearly from the back. It's going about two inches below your belt. So if you pull your belt down to cover it up (which a lot of folks do) then you've got too much of a gap between your pouches and the belt.

The pointers I am giving are for Lancer. There are plenty of Basic scouts out there that have bunds that are way too long and have the odd long white torso thing happening. But you don't want to be basic, right? ;)

My man here has the belt the same height that you do. See how much bund is sticking out from under his belt? that's right -- zero

How about this? See how short homeboy's bund is?

I say this to prospects all the time -- you want to make the best scout? Don't try to copy other Legion scouts and see what you can get away with. Follow these three rules:

1) Watch the movie

2) Watch the movie

3) Watch the movie

Ask yourself: do I look like the film scout? That's what you want to aim for.

Thanks for the clarification Mickey. It seems to me that the bund almost sits on top of the belt rather than underneath it with the belt over top of it. Some good food for thought.

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification Mickey. It seems to me that the bund almost sits on top of the belt rather than underneath it with the belt over top of it. Some good food for thought.

Yeah I agree with you, but for Lancer spec at the current time, we want the bund going just under the belt. But never coming out from underneath of it

Yeah I agree with you, but for Lancer spec at the current time, we want the bund going just under the belt. But never coming out from underneath of it

Thanks that will help me a lot since I'm going for Lancer. I'll need to commission a new bund for sure.

Approved! TB-91005 reporting to Endor as ordered. Many thanks to the many Pathfinders who helped me achieve this honor!

• Like 7