Basic approval question

Hi guys

I have an imperialboots. I have now ordered a marcel boots.

Wondering for basic approval do i need to use rivets? I want to use my moncal holster and try and get basic approval and once my marcel boots arrive go for lancer.

So for basic do i really need to have rivets?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think ImperialBoots only needs the "Cuts" to be Lancer, if you're willing to do that then you wouldn't need to worry about the rivets the first go

Rivets for the holster, yes.

I assume you're talking about the ones under the dogbone. As they're not visible and just a method of securing the "stovepipe" of the boot, they shouldn't have any bearing on approval.

That being said, it IS a really effective way to attach that part of the boot.

You need holster rivets always. Lancer or Basic

• Like 1

I think I see. You're talking about switching the holster once you get new boots, and wondering if you need rivets to attach to the IB's. Sorry! Misunderstood.

Yes, as 007 said, rivets always. But it's no big chore to drill them out and be able to switch to your new boots.

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't mean "no rivets" by my comment, just meant no need to rivet another boot if you just make the "cuts" on the ImperialBoots you have already since those I am 99% sure can be Lancer with that mod

Yeah, I didn't mean "no rivets" by my comment, just meant no need to rivet another boot if you just make the "cuts" on the ImperialBoots you have already since those I am 99% sure can be Lancer with that mod

Only if you paint the boot soles one color and adjust the dog bone.

I was wondering about that. When I looked at those boots it looked like the dogbone was upside down. Am I just seeing things? Another item is that I thought only boots build with the boot tutorial were acceptable for Lancer.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It's more about the look and feel of the boots. There is no requirement as to "how" you build them, or "who" builds them. Just that they should look as close to the originals as possible. ;)