Scout Officer?

Lol I'm not military but I took ROTC and know that you are right. However I tend to wear an officer hat in armor when working con tables. It's easier than changing out of costume to work an hour or two and if pics are requested,.i can throw on the bucket real quick. Thanks to TCW, an officer hat in armor is cannon. This has been a discussion here and in my garrison. It may erk former military but it's cannon.

• Like 1

I didn't mean to come off erk'ed. My point was really to come up with an official cover. I would think the detachment could officially set the protocol. Elite detachments normally do that to set themselves apart from the norm.

I remember every time I went onboard a surface ship they were pissed I was wearing a ball cap and they were stuck with a white "dixie cup". Thats probably why they changed and made their own.

• Like 1

No big thing... Thats the difference in the written word and spoken word. I imagine the garrison across the big pond has to stop and figure out what we're talking about half the time... and we speak the same language (for the most part). I remember when I was in England all the girls wanted us to talk to them because it sounded like we were singing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lol I'm not military but I took ROTC and know that you are right. However I tend to wear an officer hat in armor when working con tables. It's easier than changing out of costume to work an hour or two and if pics are requested,.i can throw on the bucket real quick. Thanks to TCW, an officer hat in armor is cannon. This has been a discussion here and in my garrison. It may erk former military but it's cannon.

Yes to all that and remember.... this is fantasy space opera, not the real military!

• 2 weeks later...

@Stormy102 -- Officially? Pauldron is a no-go... but I have seen Scouts with Pauldron at events, like Conventions etc... it's honestly up the POC about accessories. I've also seen Scouts carry the "Imperial Cuffs".

• Like 1

Bast alpha garrison offers paldrons to all troopers at Mardi Gras. But Stormtroopers also wear them, we knew this before TFA. So even if it wasn't on screen, what's to say a ranking scout didn't wear one? I know legion crl but idk why it isn't cannon. It's possible that all branches of Stormtrooper had them but we only saw the sandys with them. I mean in ANH, sandtroopers were referred to as Stormtroopers and wookieepedia labels all troopers as Stormtroopers.

Although accessories are cool. The pauldrons to me fit more with the Sandtrooper/Police style where identity of rank would be more notible.

Out in the field, Scouts are probably not really interacted with enough thay such a thing would be utilized often (think Navy Seals, Rangers and other small teams where the individuals in those small teams wouldnt care about ranks and would operate with efficiency regardless)

Although some sort of more prominent identification would be pretty cool aesthetically, the rank bar system may be all the Scouts need.

• Like 1

I know legion crl but idk why it isn't cannon.

They're not canon because there is no on-screen occurrence of it. That's really all it comes down to. That could change in the future if Disney puts Biker Scouts in a movie again, but looks like Rogue One isn't going to be it.

• Like 1

They're not canon because there is no on-screen occurrence of it. That's really all it comes down to. That could change in the future if Disney puts Biker Scouts in a movie again, but looks like Rogue One isn't going to be it.

That's what I was saying but still... And dont forget about Rebels. They could still do it too and it be cannon

That's what I was saying but still... And dont forget about Rebels. They could still do it too and it be cannon

Maybe.... that depends if we decide to add a "Rebels" Scout to the Detachment ;)

And then only a "Rebels" Scout would be able to wear one, not an "ROTJ" Scout.

Yup that's my general feeling too

Not to change the subject...but, the "Rebels" Scout...are we claiming that one while we can? ;)

Aaaaaaand...has anyone got a clear picture of it yet? Not just the sneak preview blur...

(Okay...I guess I changed the subject a bit. Sorry...)

• Like 2

Not to change the subject...but, the "Rebels" Scout...are we claiming that one while we can? ;)

Aaaaaaand...has anyone got a clear picture of it yet? Not just the sneak preview blur...

(Okay...I guess I changed the subject a bit. Sorry...)

I don't see why anyone would fight us for it! But yeah, I haven't seen anything except for the blurry sneak preview shots....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I was thinking about this as well.

My take would be a Class A , B , Charlies and Armor-

for ME an A and B's Dress Uniform would be out .

BUT Charlies ??

What about the tie fighter jump suit to stomp in as UTILITIES around post??

UTS. that is what I want w a soft cover ( hat) , No need for it to be the Officers cap..

If for true casual gatherings ....

I Found a cool round cap flat top like the US army used in the 50's I think with Imperial snow flake on the front....think I will get that just to wear while I build up the armor and cut into the DP helmet...

Black jump suit no rank....soft cover, jack boots!!