New scout looking for guidance

Ghost219

Hello all! First let me say that it is a pleasure and a privledge to be in the ranks of so many talented and dedicated fans. So here's the deal. I have an old don post bucket and given my tight budget i wanted to mod it to an acceptable point, pull a mold and use that as a starting platform to eventually have something i can join/troop with...maybe one day lancer status. What im looking for is the most comprehensive/informative thread or tutorial on repurposing my old don post lid. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

Welcome to BSN! This is a great place to learn about all things Pathfinder. I would recommend heading through all the areas of the forums and learning all you can. Sounds like a good place for you to start is over in the armory. To start you off here's a thread regarding the Don Post lid that might be of help.

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=13116&hl=%2Bdon+%2Bpost&fromsearch=1

Good hunting and again welcome!

• Like 1

So i have looked thru the armor section under helmets and i have found a few posts that reference the dp/rubies lids but the images dont load or are not availabe on most of them. Any ideas? A point in the right direction would be great.

So i have looked thru the armor section under helmets and i have found a few posts that reference the dp/rubies lids but the images dont load or are not availabe on most of them. Any ideas? A point in the right direction would be great.

The archived posts sometimes lose the connection to the images or the images have been removed. The one I provided a link for does have the images. Give the search function a try at the top of the forum and just thumb through the posts that relate to the DP.

Oh, and a big thank you to those who took the time to reply.

We're more than happy to help that's what we're here for. Troopers helping troopers!

Yea, i checked out that link but it was not really informative, although i do appreciate you putting something up. Im looking for materials used ex. Reinforcement materials, adhesives, putty etc. Im just trying to avoid the pitfalls of non compatable materials.

Can anyone provide an average or estimated cost for a lid kit. Guess i want to weigh the cost of modding, molding and casting compared to just building one.

A kit is going to run anywhere from $150-$300.

There are also built lids available around the $320+ mark. Bear in mind exchange rates and shipping with overseas makers.

If you're keen to do a kit, they're great fun to build. The DP can definitely be made troopable with work. I think I have a .pdf tutorial on modding. I'll check and post back.

I do have a .pdf for a Rubies. Very thorough with materials list, etc. Might be helpful. If you want to pm me your email I can send it to ya.

Screenshot_2016-03-29-18-41-50.png

Thanks for the information. I did a bit of research and i was able to dig up a conversation from years ago with ACRYLIKHAN. Dumb question but is anyone familiar with him? He had an awesome tutorial and that is what got me into doing this but, life ( wife, kids, work etc. ) had other plans. Now that i have time to get back to trying this again that thread would be an awesome resource but i cant find it. If anyone knows where i can dig up that info it would be super great.

Thanks for the information. I did a bit of research and i was able to dig up a conversation from years ago with ACRYLIKHAN. Dumb question but is anyone familiar with him? He had an awesome tutorial and that is what got me into doing this but, life ( wife, kids, work etc. ) had other plans. Now that i have time to get back to trying this again that thread would be an awesome resource but i cant find it. If anyone knows where i can dig up that info it would be super great.

I knew Frank when he was active here at BSN. He actually had his own web site where the main tutorial was located. You might search the helmet section, or his profile for the links. But I think his site is offline now.

Edit: the site was - www.frankkrug.net

You can look it up on www.archive.org and might get lucky. He was/is a super cool guy.

https://web.archive.org/web/20101229072000/http://frankkrug.net/

Also, I'm pretty sure this is him on LinkedIn -> https://www.linkedin.com/in/frank-krug-95aa297