Widening SC armor

What's up guys, my upper arm pieces seem a bit too snug. I was wondering if I use a little heat could I widen them out slightly? I fear if I widen them too much I may deform the front and cause the greeblie to not sit square. Thanks for the input.

I used heat to flatten out my SC shoulder bells a tad to give them a more accurate look. It DOES work but you need to be really, really careful. I did melt the bottom a little bit, but as I was cutting that part off anyway, it wasn't a big deal. That's not an option for the bicep armor

• 2 weeks later...

I had to heat and widen the chest, back, shoulders on mine. Mickey is 100% right. Take your time and heat slowly. I used a heat gun but I've seen people use blow dryers.

Make sure you shape wearing the coveralls, vest, etc. You'll get the best results that way. Also, have a friend hold the heat gun and you can shape on your body.

Good luck,

Isaac

Heat guns can really deform the plastic a bit much. My suggestion would be to use hot/boiling water and then form it to your arm (towel between skin and plastic, naturally).