Black Flack Jacket

GoneGone

Yes the vest is allowed and it is required per the Biker Scout CRL. Some scouts will forego wearing it at some events due to extreme heat or other environmental issues but it is a required piece of the costume and should be worn while in character. Hope that helps and have a great day!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The flak vest is required for basic approval and to be worn at certain events. For instance, anything related to LFL. But as was stated above, some people remove theirs in extreme heat because removing the extra layer sometimes makes all the difference. I've marched in 100 degree heat with the vest on and I've been okay though.

• Like 3

The flak vest became a requirement in Nov 2011, along with the suede patches, butt flap, and elastic bands on the thighs. Prior to that, they were not required. You may be seeing scouts that were approved in early 2011 or prior to the CRL and basic approval requirement updates.

Personally, wear all the right gear or you don't look the part. It'd be like Boba without his vest, no Bueno!

• Like 1

thats cuz you scout like a BOSS!!!

Well....yeah. ;)

• Like 2