Scavenger's Build Thread

Scavenger

Me either, sadly it will be the weekend before I get time to run the uppers and dogbones to my ma's house for stitching. So unless I hit a windfall of cash earlier than a month from now....guess I'll see if JoAnn's has the fabric for my bund/cod...or start working on the pattern for my vest.

And THEN I got some work done on the first iteration of the undersuit...

Added some 1/4" elastic to the wrists as center finger loops to keep the sleeves from slopping out of the gloves and bunching:

image_zpspfbiahmg.jpeg

image_zpsl9lbt15w.jpeg

Followed that with some 2" elastic stirrups to keep the legs from pulling up and bunching, it actually made it really tight down on the shoulders but that is something I will work out in the next iteration:

image_zpssbrgjjkt.jpeg

Did some basic work making the suit fit better, took an inch or so from the outside of both legs, maybe a half inch from the inside, a hair in the armpits...ill show off that tomorrow when I get to do a dress out with some pics. Too tired tonight.

Needed to add a tiny patch of Velcro right at the neck where there was a small flap that was neither buttoned, zippered, or eye hooked.

image_zpsoxa6lanq.jpeg

Turned one of the bottom leg cuts into the mandarin collar...

Opened:

image_zpsjdpuyvvu.jpeg

Closed:

image_zps4qcqoorv.jpeg

Anyways, productive weekend. I'll put up more pictures tomorrow.

• 7 months later...