Budget? Ha! Riiiight...

rhino325

So, I started out with a clear "line item" estimated budget after doing a ton of research:

Coveralls + sewing $###

Cummerbund $###

Helmet + mods $###

Armor $###....

etc....

I am literally laughing at myself for being so naive. Now that I'm actually in the process of spending money, I'm like--"Budget, we don't need no stinking budget..."

I am learning that you just have to grin and bear it!!!

:D

Is it just me or is that a common epiphany?

• Like 2

Oh yeah, this is not a cheap hobby!

I want to say I came in just south of $1300 for my initial build. And I've spent even more on improvements since then. And let's not talk about the RS Props lid once I ever get it!

• Like 1

My initial investment in 2011 was about $700. Since then I've updated and upgraded many parts, pieces, and replaced helmets. I'd say I'm close to the $1200 mark at this point. But, really happy with my scout! :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I was going to come in around $1200 but ended up with 2 pistols and 2 Helmets, plus a tonnnn of various fasteners, Velcro and materials. I'm prob at $2k which is still nothing compared to my tanked Fett budget which I kept a spread sheet for to remind me how much it killed my bank account lol.

I had about $1500 invested at the start. Repairs, new MIC, new blaster, etc has me a few hundred dollars extra added to the costume. I went in the build with the same mindset and quickly gave up on that.

I am totally ok with the costs. I compare the hobby to cars all the time. I enjoy racing but I have never gotten as many compliments / smiles out of people with a car as I do with the costumes. I actually prefer the hobby more now lol.

• Like 2