Bucket for a very large head.

SidgeniCroskin

I have put much research and many questions both in my local detachment as well as reading on here. My components are either already in my possession, on their way, or settled upon which/where to get them. I have hit one road block, however....

I still do not know where to get a proper helmet. This is because my head is quite large. I wear a US size 8 ball cap and even those are still a little tight. I taped it at 63.5 cm around just above my ears. The highest number in a similar reference I have seen anyone on here discuss is 60 cm. Now looking at me from the front, you wouldn't be able to tell. It's my profile that gives it away. It is very long.

I have emailed some vendors directly and read from all of you about SC, KS, MC, and more helmet sizes. I want as much realism AND comfort as possible when making this choice. Please... thoughts; and don't pull any punches.

I appreciate everyone's help and time.

You seek an Altmanns helmet my friend. I too have a large noggin and that's the only one that fits me. :)

When you get about 3 more posts, the Trade section will open up to you.

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=13442

• 2 weeks later...

I have a fairly large head too, roughly 60cm around the top of the ears. Does the altmanns helmet sit low on the neck? A few inches below the jawline? I've seen a few trooper pictures where their helmet looks small and out of proportion to the rest of their armor,not something I would prefer.

I have a fairly large head too, roughly 60cm around the top of the ears. Does the altmanns helmet sit low on the neck? A few inches below the jawline? I've seen a few trooper pictures where their helmet looks small and out of proportion to the rest of their armor,not something I would prefer.

Yep, the Altmanns lid is what you need. I have a tall head (no jokes) and it's the only helmet that can accommodate me.

3ec7ad73-dd03-4cc1-8916-7c082e88ec53_zps2tnjwhw2.jpg