Knee Armor level two

Flykiller

Hi !

I have a question about a part of my MLC armor.

I know the second elastic have to be riveted to the top sides of the knee armor.

I've watched many photos of approved Lancer but I'm not sure as Mlc armor hasn't the same border.

I won't be abble to rivet as it's a bit too small.

I was thinking of getting the red dot riveted. Can you, please, tell me if that would be ok ?

24263903559_131a863dfb_b.jpg

Thank you

Thank you for your help Griffin, again ;)

I've checked a long time many lancers photos. The problem is the border of the knee, on my photo, is very small.

It's smaller than the hole I should do to get it riveted.

It is smaller than the rivet itself... : 5 millimeters (0.196850 inch)

Here's a solution: trick rivet.

Attach the elastic inside using some other method. Cut the head off a rivet and glue it on the outside as close to the border as you like. No hole required. It will look identical to the correct method of attachment. I did this effect on the rivet at the bottom of my tank.

• Like 2

This would be a lot of work, but you could add a shim to build up the width of the return edge on the sides and top. Back it with another strip of plastic from behind, mix up some ABS paste and fill the gap. Sand and polish. Then add your upper rivet for real by drilling through.

Terry I'm honored that you take a look at my topic as I used your tutorial to build my own armor.

The fact is I understood your idea but I haven't you talent to do it.

I think I'm just going to give up the lancer projet and never tell people to buy the same armor if they want to be validated easily.

Thank you very much for your help.