Helmet Liner Installation

NJBoden

I'm getting one of Spike's helmets (super excited!) and I wanted to know what/how you guys put hard hat rigging or foam inside your helmets so I may do the same. I'm looking to put in a hard hat liner but am open to opinions/options on how to do that. Don't want to risk damaging the helmet since I'm green as grass when it comes to this (first build). Pictures are definitely appreciated, thanks guys:)

I'll be honest man. I tried the headliner and it wasnt very comfortable. I used hot glue and used some upholstery foam instead and love it. Personal choice though. Use what works best for you my friend.

• Like 1

I have foam in my Shadow Scout and typically go that route. Once I put the hard hat liner in my white scout lid, I'll never go back! Easier to wear and not as hot. It's 103 in the shade in Texas.

Nice! Heat and sweat in the foam is what I'm worried about. Hard hat liners have those interchangeable sweat bands so that's a plus. I might try both to see what I like. But I'm leaning toward the hard hat liner. Thank you guys for your willingness to help a new guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem at all. Here's a couple of pics of my other lids.

MLC with foam:

mlc-scout-helmet6_zpsllf0wgy3.jpg

KS with their "foam" liner:

IMG_4600b_zps46f00dcf.jpg

This is my Tie lid with "star shaped" foam, similar to the originals:

IMG_4574b_zpscb81b0cb.jpg

I also have a new Tie lid and put a hard hat liner in it too. It's the bomb man, that's why I'm going that way now. :)

Except for my Chef Shadow Scout lid. He's staying foam, just because it works for that one. ;)

TX-8455_coffee2_zps20fbc93c.jpg

• Like 2

Those buckets are too sweet! That TIE pilot is huge! A scout moonlighting as a pilot on weekends? I suppose that's not ironic compared to a TK standing in as a gunner, they miss just as much :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very cool! I suppose you could interchange the TIE flight suit and gloves, switch out the vest and helmet...I envy your costuming skills hopefully mine can be like that one day. I'm going to close this topic since you more than answered my questions (thank you also to Isaac!) Thank you guys again for guiding a new scout down the right path :)

• Like 1