So many helmet options.

So many options to buy a helmet, I am very intimidated by the idea of building my own helmet. Therefore I will be buying my helmet, I have heard from many sources that Kropserkel is great, then people also tell me that the Studio Creations Helmet will be the best option for me. Others have told me that Far Away Creations is also a fantastic helmet. Then Christian Cuckblack is saying how his is the most movie accurate out of all the helmets. What helmet do you have and is it Lancer approved?

I have a big head and would like something that is proportionate with my frame.

KS is probably your best bet. I don't know if people are still having issues with Cucblack but I personally would stay away from him because of his track record for notoriously taking FOREVER to ship out and backlog his stuff. SC is the smallest of the helmets so probably not the best for a bigger sized head. KS can be made to look decent although I have heard that when you pay to have it pre assembled it needs a lot of modification just to pass basic clearance and look good. If you don't want to diy than you will have to ask around on the trade forum to see if someone is selling a used KS bucket. FAC uses the MLC bucket which is on the small side. There is also Altmann's which is already assembled but I hear they are also on the smaller side. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

The CUCBlack helmet is not the most movie accurate at all... Far from it.

It's way too big to be Movie Accurate.

And there are many factors to "movie accurate". Being made from the same material and in the same method (Split bucket) are probably the biggest factors here.

Currently the list of helmets stands at something like this...

SC - back/cap style - on the smaller side

KS - back/cap style - some issues with quality control of late

EFX - GRP cast of a Production helmet (not sure if these have officially hit production yet)

LW - Split bucket. Excellent fan sculpt - No sure if still producing

CUC - GRP - Oversized - has had delivery issues

RS - Taken from production helmet - in progress apparently

CC - Split bucket. Everyone else can tell you about that one.

MLC - GRP, well regarded but personally think it's a bit 'thin in the face'

ALT - re-run of Licensed release from way back when.

NI - GRP, don't know enough about it to be honest

Rubies - Licensed release - usually terrible, but can be modded to be a good lid (cheap).

There are probably more.

We won't even mention the Starfortress sack of spanners...

I know there are a few recasts of Jeff's stuff in circulation. But the quality is poor and best avoided at all costs.

• Like 6

Check out Spike's thread in the trade forum. The Altmann helmet, although a re-run as Chef mentioned, has been updated to be more accurate. It's an amazing helmet and the scouts (including myself) are very pleased with the product and the service from Spike. That's my personal recommendation, but you may hear many more...

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=13442

• Like 1

KS is probably your best bet. I don't know if people are still having issues with Cucblack but I personally would stay away from him because of his track record for notoriously taking FOREVER to ship out and backlog his stuff. SC is the smallest of the helmets so probably not the best for a bigger sized head. KS can be made to look decent although I have heard that when you pay to have it pre assembled it needs a lot of modification just to pass basic clearance and look good. If you don't want to diy than you will have to ask around on the trade forum to see if someone is selling a used KS bucket. FAC uses the MLC bucket which is on the small side. There is also Altmann's which is already assembled but I hear they are also on the smaller side. Hope this helps!

I've been hearing the opposite about the Altmann around the forums here. I've read reports of people fitting their larger noggins in those with a pair of glasses on to boot.

I don't have mine yet, so I can't speak for its size personally, but I chose it because of my big head (23 in). Lots of people here seem to have it and can speak for it's size though. It also comes assembled out of the box (you just need to add a helmet liner or foam).

I also hear KS are solid choices for bigger noggins too, but some modification is required as others have been saying.

I personally tried on an MLCv3 helmet and it fit my big head alright, though I've also heard that it can take a long time to get. It also looks a little gaunt like Chef said, but it seems well regarded.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Check out Spike's thread in the trade forum. The Altmann helmet, although a re-run as Chef mentioned, has been updated to be more accurate. It's an amazing helmet and the scouts (including myself) are very pleased with the product and the service from Spike. That's my personal recommendation, but you may hear many more...

http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=13442

Can you give me pricing for the Altmann helmet? I have already PM'd him. I live in the states, also how long does it usually take him to get it sent out.

Can you give me pricing for the Altmann helmet? I have already PM'd him. I live in the states, also how long does it usually take him to get it sent out.

You need to work directly with Spike, as I will not quote a price. The price is very affordable though. I too live in the US and mine arrived within 3 weeks from AUS. Hope this helps Jake...

I thought Altmann helmets were no longer produced - are they making them again now? I thought there were only 500 or so in the world.

My helmet is a CC, I thoroughly recommend it if you like a challenging build with a very good looking helmet at the end of it.

I thought Altmann helmets were no longer produced - are they making them again now? I thought there were only 500 or so in the world.

My helmet is a CC, I thoroughly recommend it if you like a challenging build with a very good looking helmet at the end of it.

Spike can relay the whole story, but the new versions are available. And have been updated to be more screen accurate. He's added a new snout and more accurate decals and bolts. Spike also cuts the ears, provides a chin cup, paints the inside black, and the helmet has a numbered tag. Get 'em while you can! ;)

• Like 3

What Jim says <_< !

Mine took a little longer due to the big list of orders Spike had.. but it was still within the 5 weeks he promised me. shipping from australia to the netherlands took about a week.

you can add the padding on the inside at your own preference, add the chinstrap and start wearing it !

an amazing piece!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a KS, Alt, and CUC.

KS is smallest

ALT fits me the best and its perfect

CUC is big and heavy but it looks good.

I'm 6'0, 240lbs, with a big head. Hope that helps. Sorry to bump a thread from 3 months ago :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really appreciate all your feedback. I hope to have an updated pick of my kit in the next couple of weeks. Just waiting to get my cummerbund back from a seamstress that I commissioned to create it.