Thermal Detonator Greeblies

I am helping my buddy build a WTF kids Biker Scout, and this is my first Biker Scout.

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but I have a question about the greeblies that go on the thermal detonator.

From all I can gather when looking at it, the circle goes on the right and the 2 squares things go on the left. But what is the orientation of the squares? I have seen images with the indent/cut out on the top and on the bottom.

070896842999e0a52003fe3b58baa183.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

but I glued it on with the cut to the bottom since Pandatrooper had glued it as well that way .. now I see I has to be the other way around.. bit of a mixed signal when you follow pandatroopers tutorial as I may say..

does anyone know how to get the greeblie off the TD to reverse it?

• 10 months later...

Use can use a flat bladed screw driver and GENTLY pry it up off the TD. You want to be careful not to damage the greeblie. E6000 is pretty forgiving if you want to fix a part which is why it's recommended. Thankfully you didn't use CA glue:) Tell your friend that once he gets its removed to sand both pieces with some 220 to remove any raised areas of glue and then reglue it to the TD. Easy fix just be a little patient with the operation.

• Like 1