Getting dressed

MrPoopie

Two questions.

What order do most people put on their armor (sort and hard)?

Do other scouts usually help each other suit up with certain parts of their armor when trooping? While building and putting things together I've noticed that some parts are very difficult if not almost impossible to put on and strap down without help. Maybe I'm doing things incorrectly but I've had to get help from my SO for armor straps and back velcro.

I usually get dressed in this order:

1. Undershirt w/ balaclava

2. Flightsuit

3. Knee armor

4. Boots

5. Flak Vest

6. Cummerbund

7. Chest + Back armor

8. Belt + TD

9. Shoulder armor

10. Bicep armor

11. Forearm armor

12. Helmet

13. Gloves

I can get dressed by myself... but of course it's a little easier if someone helps me with for example the Cummerbund and the Flak Vest, that has velcro closure at the back, which can be hard to close correctly on your own.

Thanks. That order seems to be what I was expecting. The vest really is the most difficult part to get the velcro to line up without a little help. I'm sure the more I get suited up the more I'll figure out some tricks to it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I do just about the same as well. I put my cummerbund on backwards, Velcro it up and shimmy it around 180°. My vest I always leave Velcroed and pull it on like a t-shirt.

Boots and knees before belt and bund since I can't bend over so well once those are on :)

• Like 2

My daughter(IN-52493) is my main trooping partner. She dresses me, we go in this order.

Jumpsuit

Knees

Boots

Cumberbund

Vest

Chest & Back Armor

Belt & TD

Shoulder Bells

Biceps

Forearms

Balaclava

Helmet

Gloves

I know I'm a noob at this, but no one mentioned yet that it is a lot easier to switch your helmet cooling fans on if you do it before putting on the helmet and gloves.

I keep the top of the vest Velcro-ed and put it on like a t-shirt. I can reach back and Velcro the bottom part. Since the top is already started, it's not too hard to line things up for the bottom.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to give that a try and see how it goes for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seconded on the velcro to hold the cummerbund, plus I added a strip of velcro to attach the chest armour to the top of the cummer bund as well - this way I know both parts are lined up at the front.

I do the same order as Chunk. For my cummerbund, I have the crotch permanently sewn in, so I effectively step into it. We use velcro and bra hooks to keep the bund on (meaning, if the velcro fails, the bra hooks work as backup.) I have elastic sewn to the bund that I put over my shoulders, which are then hidden by the vest.

The challenges for me are to get the bund and vest on, I always need help, and my shoulders are a pain. Takes about 10 minutes for me to suit up, less if my wife is helping.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

DO NOT FORGET TO PUT YOUR KNEES ON BEFORE YOUR BOOTS!!!!

If I only had a dollar for each time I forgot ...... I'm old and some silly bugger distracts me

• Like 1

DO NOT FORGET TO PUT YOUR KNEES ON BEFORE YOUR BOOTS!!!!

If I only had a dollar for each time I forgot ...... I'm old and some silly bugger distracts me

Hehe, it gets me every time too. ;)