What are KS big problems to look out for?

I posted all my thoughts in this thread, the first time you asked this question

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=14492&pid=129084&st=0entry129084

i really hope they fixed their quality, i got my suit 2yrs or so ago..and i have a bunch of touch up stuff to do with my suit. *including repainting the entire plastic suit* among a number of issues. i also posted my thoughts about KS as well.

Yea im seeing people complaining about the KS quality more and more. At one point it seemed like the molds were deteriorating and they werent bothering to fix them. I think they did do that eventually, but i see alot of thin pulls, or mix matched pulls with thickness and even the color. The last one i had gotten for my wife, that Stasz now owns, it was 3 different whites. Some parts were pinkish and others blueish, so i had to paint it. Which was ok by me as i wanted to fill the seam across the back of the top anyway.

All that said, id recommend LW, Chef, or Altmanns for better quality vac'ed helmets these days.

• Like 2

Yea im seeing people complaining about the KS quality more and more. At one point it seemed like the molds were deteriorating and they werent bothering to fix them. I think they did do that eventually, but i see alot of thin pulls, or mix matched pulls with thickness and even the color. The last one i had gotten for my wife, that Stasz now owns, it was 3 different whites. Some parts were pinkish and others blueish, so i had to paint it. Which was ok by me as i wanted to fill the seam across the back of the top anyway.

All that said, id recommend LW, Chef, or Altmanns for better quality vac'ed helmets these days.

how long was the wait time? Also in the case if I get a bad pull what should I do?

I don't have a KS but there are enough negative experiences to make me stay away. I like dealing with people who answer Emails etc when I buy stuff. I have an SC and an Altmanns and like them both. I am partial to my Altmanns right now. Both vendors were great to deal with. LW would be a good one as well but you can't seem to be able to buy one. I would love to get a Chef one but 2 is enough for me right now.

Wait time isn't that long. But quality over shorter wait time imo. I'll be replacing pieces before trying for lancer (lid snout , td n drop boxes mostly found almost sc quality td end caps from 1$ lotion container lids :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My entire KS kit (armor and helmet) took about 5 months to arrive back in 2011. When it did arrive, I got sick just looking at it. The quality was horrible and it looked to be pulled and trimmed by a child. I have replaced every part on the kit except the knees, forearms, biceps, and chest/back. The helmet was the best part, but even it had "crinkles" in the vac-forming process. Those "crinkles" still show up today, on every helmet I see.