Another kiwi tree dodger

Oblivian

• 1 month later...

I'm 50mm at narrowest point, 80 at widest. I think that's width enough but wish I'd had more overlap between base and upright - dogbone covers a gap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then all of a sudden..

2300hrs local. So Forgot the balaclava and vest. But are done.

Belt is held at the edges by tape, rest is in place.

Boots drying while I ponder doing the holster corners as Celebration live stream is distracting me

So from shifting my reference materials as to what is right/wrong from the Lancer deployment thread, moving to the 'pre approval' is even more daunting! How is that lol!

Individual parts as follows. I *Hope* i've made i to near lancer spec minus the sole notching. Everything else should be in check (bar some minor visible flaws to me).. I think.

I may need a bodyguard while I try smooth things over with the closely related assisting taylor and helping hands if I tell them I need to change too much :/

Now watch me noob out and make these not visible..

(wearing ones to follow when I get some help and head to that scary pre thread)

IMG_8158_zpsjewx5j6z.jpg

IMG_8161_zps2n7sp56d.jpg

IMG_8162_zps6nn6ibi9.jpg

Tape is marking guide where I need to work something to suspend the Bund near as my shapely gut and less so top, lets it compress down slightly :(

May goto some strapping under the vest that poke out a buttonhole. Looking at others solutions...

IMG_8168_zps7d0jp24k.jpg

IMG_8170_zpsueybu6ph.jpg

Went novel attachment here. Sewn under V, velcro double side and slots between the bund flaps :D well held and adjustable

IMG_8174_zpsdrl7pnn2.jpg

Of course the famous out of the box..

IMG_8180_zpskoqxrppu.jpg

IMG_8187_zpsbvrhqmcm.jpg

No lancer clips as yet. And some hidden ties while I decide the best mount

IMG_8188_zpsbsstc1vk.jpg

IMG_8189_zpsnyas83jb.jpg

IMG_8193_zpssaj1mx7a.jpg

IMG_8197_zpsayg9qu0d.jpg

IMG_8199_zpsqveenfsn.jpg

IMG_8203_zpscw0ch4jz.jpg

IMG_8204_zpsr07hps9r.jpg

IMG_8205_zpslm5oxrl4.jpg

IMG_8206_zpsqsmdgudj.jpg

IMG_8222_zpsup213bvm.jpg

IMG_8223_zpsdgeqso3d.jpg

That's looking awesome Craig! I used a magnetic attachment for my TD with the clips if that might be an idea for you. Here's the location if you are interested. http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=14946&st=80

Looking forward to seeing you in this rig with a "Pathfinder" tag under your name :duim:

I hear you brother but let me say that other than that little nit you are looking awesome! It's great to see you in armor. Just roll your bicepts and forearms over and overlap the forearm slightly over your gauntlet. You should clear easily.

Ta.

Is in GMLs hands now.

Have you heard of anyone adding slight darting to bund/vests

Due to my odd shape I'm having issies with the upper half of the bund. I either need to

instate some strapping through the vest to hold it up

add some darts under the arms to make it a little more shape fitting

Take the total width in and hope it can be tightened and not change the shape of the rear closure

We call that "slippage". :)

A good method used by many, is to add Velcro to the vest and underside of the bund. That way you can keep the dreaded slippage from occurring. Other have used suspenders on the bund, but that can cause unwanted straps to appear. I personally use the Velcro method and it works quite well. ;)

Was hoping to avoid that in fear of my vest material being stretched to high heaven. But I guess it needs to happen :/

Now I'm also suffering a bit of belt webbing stretch where the rivet holds. My brace across it not doing what I intended. Does everyone lay glue under the exiting point of the webbing to take the strain, or a point behind the rivet ala hidden by the belt boxing

I did a two part method there. I added hook to the inside of the box and sewed loop to the end of the belt. I then cut an oversized washer out of ABS for the connection and finally set down a layer of E6000 under the belt at the rivet connection and clamped it until it cured. It may be a little overkill but I haven't had any problems yet.

0407162256_HDR_zpsnrqjtyve.jpg

• Like 2

I *really* should have sorted that method BEFORE riveting it :P

A smearing of glue and hope for the best it is

That should work. Give a schmear, clamp it good and tight, let it cure overnight, and your belt will hold good and tight. (hey that rhymes!) I"m a funny guy :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

What do we have here..

(Yep, a ghost)

http://501st.com/mem...551&costumeID=6

Congrats Pathfinder!!! Great to see you in uniform!

• 1 year later...

Well that's not what I wanted to discover before shipping off on a plane for a weekend event!

Looks like even after only a few events the strain the rivets put on the ABS has taken its toll on 3 of them :(

Ouch.. Are all cracks on the pistolholder? if so there might be something to fight it.

The legpiece may have to do too much heavy lifting from a heavy pistol and/or alot of jumping. extra stability in the boot's inner structure could fix it. i think i saw somewhere a thread about strengthening the structure...

-edit- this might release pressure from the holsterpiece

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=18003&hl=%2Bkeep+%2Bboot+%2Bfrom&fromsearch=1