Another kiwi tree dodger

Oblivian

It should be about 1/2" to 3/4" past the bell. You need to leave room for your bicep parts.

Yes, sorry worded wrong. Aware of the sleeve length total. I mean the ribbing, where the neck to shoulder area is. I can see in screencaps it starts under shoulder by armour bridge and down. Just checking the sleeve area isnt too exposed with this type of cut I have here around that area. Like if the whole sleeve you see was ribbed, its not too much frontally exposed up to the neck

Did you sort out your side underarm elastic yet? I think I had the same issue (shoulder bridge behind shoulder bell center) but with the elastic snugging things up a bit, and the layers of flightsuit, vest, bund under the armor, things seemed to line up better.

I wouldn't do anything permanent to your chest/back hard parts until you try it on with everything else.

Looking great though, man! You're cruising along on this :)

Did you sort out your side underarm elastic yet? I think I had the same issue (shoulder bridge behind shoulder bell center) but with the elastic snugging things up a bit, and the layers of flightsuit, vest, bund under the armor, things seemed to line up better.

I wouldn't do anything permanent to your chest/back hard parts until you try it on with everything else.

Looking great though, man! You're cruising along on this :)

Slowly but surely. Too fussy to whip it out fast and go for it lol

Just checking that vest would be fine with ribbing added as is on the mock. And no, not done bridges (cutting the material for covers now) but have velcrod rear strapping to back plate. And front is still lose till I work out bund and vest layering

Not even got to boots or cutting to mount pack on. Too scared :)

• Like 1

Though, for me I think my T straps are a little farther back, and I put the shoulder bells a little more forward to compensate overall. It does make a difference if I wear the vest or not. (Don't tell. Sometimes, in July at a library, I might not wear it).

I almost always wear it. It's barely a crop-top. If it's a Canon event, then there's no question. But if it's 92 degrees and there's 30 kids making foam light sabers with me, I might leave it off :)

Honestly, it feels weird without it. It's definitely (and factually) part of the costume.

Yeah go larger. I was 9", that was a L on their sizing, but went XL and theyre snug. Hopefully give as they soften

Now, I read it right that theres 6 stitch lines producing 5 Ribs on bund to make it more accurate rather than the 'trooper choice' 7?

• 2 weeks later...

Errr

So the tank topper rivet. Doing panda method, It's not clear if its resting on the platform and riveted through it, or just for show and stuck down on the square moulding beneath.

Any input? Mine appears to be too close to the back of the armour to be able to go through the L bracket! The hole appears to smack into the edge of the square on the back panel

And how far back does one need to stretch.

Pins keep popping out from sides so I have to resort to the sole

cbcb52e1a28ef2a431645aed8a5bdda3.jpg

So running out of time with a week to go till largest event of the year :(

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

So I'm running out of time. Fast.

This weekend is our largest Calendar event where I hoped to premiere

I had to bite the bullet and just get it done, so bund was seen last night. Finished tonight.

I need to work out where to sneak the elastic from the cod in to the flaps as I forgot to double side the flap with Velcro for the elastic end to attach to :(

So close. Need to start bonding the boots (toe stretching issues)

Complete belt. Complete webbing to boxes.

Attach arm greeblies (finding screws to help with this)

Attach tank (panda method has the rivet hole a bit close to the L bracket exiting the armour)

patches and finish vest

With luck gml may let me test run without vest if I complete rest of list :/

e60af4b72b0e504a0ba2488f2c8e6fc5.jpg

Yeah.. Baggy.. But can hide that till I take em in

And of course pouches!

I was going to shrink my 7x6 per template. but fitting them in now I dont think I need to. The gap seen is 7.5"

Thanks to bwattsup guide.. Ta-da!

724e0ff7a28f9039891e9f3a6faabceb.jpg

Next stop. Boots. 2 days to make and dry. Little worried now...

And of course finish the belt boxing/straps. Any tips on good sitting level

• Like 1

Oh for sure, just a shame I've run out of time to complete boots :/

Mock pattern from the build thread looked good on paper but didnt quite fit. And held me up completing belt last night *sniff*

Have bought it all to work in the hope of downtime to do some more bits today. But struggling.

Drop box are also holding me up, I see they often sit about level with the cod/just below the belt by about 2-3". But to date I've been sizing below my hips. Hate to cut into the webbing to find me chomp too short!

Not worked out if I want to velcro to plastics or top of the bund yet. They have slight overhand on the edges of the armour parts so may end up bund attached.

Can't quite work out what I'm going to do with the webbing onto the belt, be it glue + rivet, or sew some elastic on and attach by that so has some movement.

Knowing my luck spending all this extra fussy-ness I've got something too long or too wide with the cod and will get told to adjust. Fingers crossed it wont!

Too tight for calves?

Sit funny here as no arch cut and leaning over. But only about a finger width gap around. Legs dont bag over top At least

1656450b00a68ac43025d4501518c212.jpg

• Like 1

I'm building em :)

But if you mean the core boots, faux leather from the warehouse for about $40 (25-30 when on special)

Kmart also have a pair of actual leather for around the same price. its mostly the sole were interested in

Thanks - yes, it's the base boot I'm looking for. I've never been shoe shopping where the main criterion was the sole colour! Will check out Warehouse and Kmart today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too tight for calves?

Sit funny here as no arch cut and leaning over. But only about a finger width gap around. Legs dont bag over top At least

1656450b00a68ac43025d4501518c212.jpg

Looks good on this end!

• 1 month later...

Not at that pre approval stage yet. Still no boots or belt completed. Or worked on in 2 months really

Riding patch mock for leather.yes/no?

67e4f105ea3ce03f6fba3059bb1289fd.jpg

57bd8cd596b0052443b249203233e4b8.jpg

0bf24eccee042f2412d40693dad8698d.jpg

• Like 1