First helmet, need advice

Hello pathfinders!

I've posted a topic where I'm putting a Clone Phase 2 helmet up for trade, and I got a message on Instagram from someone who's interested.

I've been wanting to get a Biker helmet for a very long time but never actually did, and since I want my helmet to be approvable, I asked a few questions about it. I hope you guys can tell me if it's a good deal.

This person told me the helmet is a bit larger than usual (CB maybe?). She told me she got it from someone, who got it from a 501st member from Florida.

Here's a picture. (sorry for the quality, Instagram doesn't allow to download pictures, I had to take a screenshot).

ct9M2YT.jpg

I've asked her for exact measurements and for more pictures, I'll post in this thread as soon as I got an answer.

Until then, anybody have any idea about this bucket's manufacturer?

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, but that Rubies can be turned into something half decent...

The StarFortress would still stink afterwards.

Some smells you just can't get rid of... No matter how hard you scrub.

• Like 1

Come on dude, you have Command Staff telling you what this is & to pass. But your still not convinced so make the trade & see for yourself what a p.o.s. this is.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm fairly new here and just thought I'd put more pictures for confirmation purposes since the quality of the first one was pretty bad. I wasn't trying to contest anybody, my apologies.

this is what you need.

P1020515_zps6b1p9nes.jpg?1447376636586&1447376638460&1447376658495&1447376703515

Thanks Spike, I've been trying to PM you but I keep getting a notification telling me that you can't receive anymore private messages :unsure:

I apologize myself. I may have come off a lil strong. But if you ask about a certin item listen to the "uppers". They have been around a long time & know their stuff. They know every maker of armor, helmet & soft goods. Its best to read & do your research. There are great, good & stay the hell away vendors. SF make the most gid ugly costumes out there. If you do a lil digging you will find out why he's in the Phillipines.

As i understand you were looking at this in trade. Tell the other person you'll pass. Are you looking at getting yourself into a Scout? Can't go wring with ab SC kit. Jeff also gives a break on the helmet kit if you buy all together. He has great communication & awesome delivery time. I ordered my wife's kit frim him & it was on my doorstep 6 days later. If your looking just to have a scout bucket on display post a pic of your clone helmet here in the F/S section. Im sure someone will want to trade for a decent clone. Most if us have upgraded our kits & have sevral helmets. I myself have 4 different maker helmets. Sorry again. Drop me a PM & i can steer you in the right direction from Basic Scout to Lancer.

• Like 3

Thanks for all this information Chunk :)

Yes, I'd definitely love to build a full costume, and since I'm starting from nothing I'd love to aim for Lancer status (if my wallet allows me to do so, of course)!

As far as I've seen on the boards, the best helmets out there are SC, KS, Altmann's, Chef and Lonewolf, but are they all applicable for Lancer? Is it okay to ask which one of them has the best price / quality ratio?

I've also seen this website (I guess the acronym is NI?). Is it accurate? Two of the "stripes" on the back of the helmet are merged into one, but this seems normal if I refer to this screen used helmet.

Also, I've made a topic for my Clone bucket. If anybody's interested, don't hesitate to drop me a PM. If I don't find a trade, I'll sell the Clone and use the money to buy a Scout :)

Chef and lone wolf ( although I have never see on in person ) are great helmets. I have an Altmanns and an SC. I wouldn't buy a KS due to their horrible customer service ( based on posts here) but some people love them. I started with an SC and think it is a nice helmet. I wear my Altmanns now and have no plans on changing it - sturdy build, nice details and the service was great.

As far as armor - I have SC - Nice product and good buying experience. Jeff cares about the community and stands by his product unlike some of the other vendors.

• Like 1

The NI helmet pooped up a lil over yaer ago. It looks really nice & is good size. Look in the helmet section & you will find a review from a member who bought one. As for KS I wear one & love it. I can't actually remeber who I got it from, but it has been a few years & their pulls were still good. I have heard sevral stories about bad pull in recent times. But if you can find a prebuilt jump on it. They come up FS here every couple months. With XMas coming up Im sure 1 or 2 will be listed shortly. The Sc is a nice helmet too, lil smaller compared to the KS. My wife has the SC helmet. It looks great, but like I said smaller. From the outside it looks comparable in size to the KS. But when you put it on thats when you can feel the size difference. CB made a great looking helmet, but he has since been banned from here for not delivering.(so stay away from CB) But if you find one second hand, jump on it. Now I see your in France, you mite want to look into an Altemans from Spike. My Budddy has one & he loves it, he Says lots of room. The CB & Altemans are for bigger guys. My frined is about 6'2 & well over 300 pounds so he loves his CB. (took almost 2yrs to arrive) If your a an average size guy go for the complete SC kit/helmet. It looks beautiful once assemblemd. Marcel is on your side of the pond, so he can help out with soft goods & boots if your not handy with a sewing machine. But if you know your way around a sewing machine I can walk you step by step on how to make a Lancer Specs soft goods. If this is your intention in the long run, mite as well make it Lancer from the get go. Will save time & money rather than converting later :)

Thanks a lot for all this information, Chunk. :)

I'm about to sell the Clone to a CTN member, I'm currently waiting for the payment, I'll order my Biker bucket as soon as I get it.

I'm really considering buying and Altmann's from Spike, since they come assembled and almost ready to wear (I'm afraid to screw something up if I'm building a helmet from SC). And they look very, very good. Hard to tell if it's gonna be "too big" for my head though.

I'm thinking about pairing it with a SC armor. I'm 6'0 and around 150 pounds, do you think this kind of setup can fit me? I'm kinda worried about color différencies between the helmet and the armor since they're gonna be from different sellers.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely deal with Marcel for soft goods and boots, I've seen his work and it's looks very good!

I am 5'11 and 205 .. I wear SC and it fits well and the color match to my Altmanns helmet is good also. I find I have a longer torso and will need to make bigger pouches to fill the area between my belt and lower edge of my armor. My pouches are from CB as well as my Suit and bund and they look pretty small unfortunately.

A lot of how stuff fits/looks is how well it ties together with your other parts. A lot of it can be tweaked and adjusted to fit your frame specifically.

6', 150lbs!? Thought my boy was skinny, 6'2 120lbs hehe. Wish i had that problem though.

Anyhoo back on topic. The SC kit comes in shiny white. It will be fine with any helmat. Besides after a few troops you may want to weather it & any differences will be unnoticable. I left my kit "natural" for 2 years. Then I took pics next to my buddies who weathered theirs. OMG! I was too clean & weathered mine on my next day off. im the extra clean one on the right.

TB3_zpssq9rxbo7.jpg

6', 150lbs!? Thought my boy was skinny, 6'2 120lbs hehe. Wish i had that problem though. Anyhoo back on topic. The SC kit comes in shiny white. It will be fine with any helmat. Besides after a few troops you may want to weather it & any differences will be unnoticable. I left my kit "natural" for 2 years. Then I took pics next to my buddies who weathered theirs. OMG! I was too clean & weathered mine on my next day off. im the extra clean one on the right. TB3_zpssq9rxbo7.jpg

I'm 6'2" and weigh 160lbs, on a good day. I've got Celiac disease...

f01fb7d8-bf50-4c7f-a9c3-05d6fb2f5009_zpsacdswjbh.jpg

• 4 months later...