Black Falcon's Biker Scout WIP

Black Falcon

Lookout. Ninjas about

I felt the same when my overalls arrived! But to this day I have no hard-parts other than a bucket on the way :)

Hrm, yet to see slip-on boots locally. We have all the lumpy laced ones you normally see.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I mentioned before that armor looks great! Are you going to go with a Chef helmet as well?

First up something simple. Ha!

Knee Pad.

I have to say, that first rivet was a bit nerve racking but now that's done, I'm searching the house for stuff to rivet.

BF-BIKER-WIP-KIT-03-KNEE.jpg

Slots were next and the second strap. Feels pretty good, been wearing it around the house for about an hour or so, still secure and not cutting off the circulation.

BF-BIKER-WIP-KIT-04-KNEE.jpg

• Like 1

As I mentioned before that armor looks great! Are you going to go with a Chef helmet as well?

You bet! Just had confirmation that it is pretty much finished.

Another reason to get really hyped about the postman arriving.

• Like 2

Just thought I would share my method for creating the slots on the various armour pieces.

I used my pillar-drill for the holes and the rough cuts from one hole to the next. I then used a needle file to smooth out the slot.

BF-BIKER-WIP-KIT-04-SLOTS.jpg

• Like 4

Just thought I would share my method for creating the slots on the various armour pieces.

I used my pillar-drill for the holes and the rough cuts from one hole to the next. I then used a needle file to smooth out the slot.

That's the method I used on my SC and it worked great! Nice work. I've been looking forward to seeing a set of this put together.

• Like 2

You can troop with it so long as it's not a Canon event. For example: A community library-con would be cool, but Star Wars Night with a local sports team would not.

• Like 3

That's a good solid answer. A lot of scouts do it, but not at official Star Wars events. It also comes down to how your local Garrison runs things. Some do not allow them even at non-canon events.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Helmet has arrived. Amazing work by Chef again!

BF-BIKER-WIP-KIT-11-Helmet-1.jpg

I'm using some spare bicycle helmet liners to get a nice fit. These work great as they are designed to stick to velcro so I've just put a few self adhesive hook sections inside which allows me to adjust or swap out the liners as needed.

BF-BIKER-WIP-KIT-11-Helmet-2.jpg

I have a chin strap on the way to make sure everything is really secure.

• Like 1