anything bigger than SC?

Dewka

I have read the size comparison threads, and while it seems that most people are looking for "smaller, screen accurate" that just doesn't work for me at all. Im five foot ten and well north of 300 with big shoulders.

ive owned SC armor, and gave it away. it just did not fit at all and I looked really ridiculous wearing it.

Im not looking for lancer spec, Im just looking for armor to wear.

Ive already lost close to 50 pounds since January and it looks like I would need to lose another 100+ to make SC anything near right for me.

Is there anything out there larger than SC, or should I just move on?

David I don't think there is right now. I know there's a couple of guys working on new biker scout armor. I really don't know how the sizes will run right now. Dont hold me to it but I think KS might be a bit bigger than SC.

I'm working on new "large size" armour now.

I'll post up as I finish molds from my earlier "1987-88" molds.

these size's I'm making to fit me, 6foot, 48inch chest.

I hope to get some pics from other "armour" to show the size difference, MC and mine,

some to start with

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=14282

• Like 1

David I don't think there is right now. I know there's a couple of guys working on new biker scout armor. I really don't know how the sizes will run right now. Dont hold me to it but I think KS might be a bit bigger than SC.

Yep, KS is definitely larger (in some areas), but not worth the effort to replace/rework the parts. My scout started as KS but now has mostly SC or CF parts.

I have read the size comparison threads, and while it seems that most people are looking for "smaller, screen accurate" that just doesn't work for me at all. Im five foot ten and well north of 300 with big shoulders. ive owned SC armor, and gave it away. it just did not fit at all and I looked really ridiculous wearing it. Im not looking for lancer spec, Im just looking for armor to wear. Ive already lost close to 50 pounds since January and it looks like I would need to lose another 100+ to make SC anything near right for me. Is there anything out there larger than SC, or should I just move on?

At this point, I'd hold out for Spike's Altmann armor. I think that'll be a nice option.

• Like 1

that sounds reasonable. I have a 54" chest, and I know Scootch once spoke of making scout armor, but I think that is on indefinite hold. His Snowtrooper parts fit me great, so I had hoped that would be an option one day.

I'll hold off then and wait for the new sets to come out.

thanks for the feedback everyone

• 3 weeks later...

Im the exact same height & weight as Bowfanny. My chest, back/hump, knees, TD & drop boxes are SC. Helmet & belt are KS & I think my arm armor is MC. The only part that mite look too small is the bicep armor from SC. The rest should be fine. My wife has an SC kit, so I've compared hers with mine & this is the only part that is way off in size.

• Like 1

Im the exact same height & weight as Bowfanny. My chest, back/hump, knees, TD & drop boxes are SC. Helmet & belt are KS & I think my arm armor is MC. The only part that mite look too small is the bicep armor from SC. The rest should be fine. My wife has an SC kit, so I've compared hers with mine & this is the only part that is way off in size.

Are you built like a brick wall too Chunk?

The two nicknames that are floating around for me currently are Popeye because I have 15inch circumference forearms and Mini Hulk- for obvious reasons of strength and not attitude! Lol

I have read the size comparison threads, and while it seems that most people are looking for "smaller, screen accurate" that just doesn't work for me at all. Im five foot ten and well north of 300 with big shoulders.

ive owned SC armor, and gave it away. it just did not fit at all and I looked really ridiculous wearing it.

Im not looking for lancer spec, Im just looking for armor to wear.

Ive already lost close to 50 pounds since January and it looks like I would need to lose another 100+ to make SC anything near right for me.

Is there anything out there larger than SC, or should I just move on?

I'm working on that mate:)

my forearms are 13inch and my bicep is 13 inch, those parts I made are larger than that to allow for clothing/padding.

77a422ca-9447-42fb-94dc-c53d4929d2e5_zpsmbouc2yc.jpg

post-78390-0-91874900-1445506771_thumb.jpg

very nice looking parts Spike! I'm playing with some temporary armor stuffs right now, I'm actually unfolding a new Pepakura that's more accurate than the one that was put out a couple years ago.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Never thought I'd recommend KS armor but if the shoe fits....

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my SC armor today and I'm at 5'8" and 250lbs and the chest armor looks like it's going to fit me very well. My chest is 52" around. Then again I've not asked for a critique on sizing with photos yet. Will do that here really soon.

When In Doubt- Send a Scout!

• 7 months later...

Any updates on armor since December? There's at least one other person here...who is much larger than me...who would like to go scout if big enough chest and back armor becomes available.

• 2 months later...

I have a 52" chest and I just received my SC armor today. I did notice the chest plate is a bit small but I've seen some guys work it and make it look great. So I'm not too worried about it.