Changes in the SC armor for Lancer approval?

Does anyone have a list needed?

So this is my 1st build of any kind (i have trimmed TK armor but that doesnt count)...

And I have started ordering stuff this week... Altmann Helm, Chunks flight Suit, Marcels cumberund and puches, and wampa wear gloves....

After I get paid on friday it will be SC armor, and some boots.

I guess that leaves flack vest and gun?

So the journey begins...

Does anyone have a list needed?

So this is my 1st build of any kind (i have trimmed TK armor but that doesnt count)...

And I have started ordering stuff this week... Altmann Helm, Chunks flight Suit, Marcels cumberund and puches, and wampa wear gloves....

After I get paid on friday it will be SC armor, and some boots.

I guess that leaves flack vest and gun?

So the journey begins...

That's about it. Once you get the armor, start a WIP thread and post up your progress pics. The troops and members will guide you and assist with any questions. Of course, hit me up if you need anything.

Thanks F Patrol - I know what Lancer requirements are...what i was asking what I might need to get or buy for the SC kit, to make it Lancer, as I have not recieved it yet....so I figured someone already knew..and I could order up what i might need before the armor arrived.

Thanks Griffin - I will do just that!

Pickup some e-6000 and some type of super glue like Gorilla Glue or similar. Testers gray and satin or flat black paint too. Beyond that, Industrial Velcro and a rivet gun with 1/8" rivets.

Personally, for my build, I also bought the sew-in velcro for the vest, boots, and for helping to keep the armor pieces in place.

My SC kit only had about 12 inches of 1-inch elastic, which wasn't near enough to cover all the pieces. Don't know if that was a packing error or what. Might want to keep that in mind. Also, since you are talking Lancer, the side strap material provided was elastic so you probably want to get the right stuff for that.

• Like 2

does anyone have a link to the right kind of rivet gun, and rivets?

What is the testors paint for?

Besides the boots and vest, where would you use the sewn in velcro?

I have the glues and industrial velcro.

And thank you everybody!

I placed the loop velcro on the inside of my breast plate & sewed 2 6" strips on the top of the bund. It keeps the chest armor in place & you dont get that ugly gap when walking around. I also sewed velcro on my jumpsuit biceps to keep the bicep armor from falling down. And agsin on the vest shoulders to keep the shoulder bells in place.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Stanley-10-in-Medium-Duty-Riveter-MR33C/203771504

Any low cost rivet gun will work fine. I forgot the size of the rivets, but they are located next to the rivet guns at whatever store you go to.

The paint is for the snout greeblies and the bolts.

Some people sew velcro to their flight suit to help keep armor pieces in place. It's in the instructions from SC.

Morning Chris,

Little off topic, but good news for you. Your suit is 90% done all mods are complete & I'm just waiting on the sued to arrive. USPS says it will be here Monday. I will finish it next week & ship it to you on Friday(my day off) can you PM your mailing address B)

can the rivets be seen? Do they have to be a certain metal?

A rivet is needed for basic clearance on the tank topper and tank bottom, plus four rivets to attach the blaster holster to the boot. For additional accuracy and Lancer requirements rivets are also used to attach additional, smaller Elastic to the tops of the knees and these ones are painted white.

Make sure your rivets are long enough! I had to redo my boot due to this error on my part.

Be sure to check out the CRL for additional info!

so another question that is confusing to me....from the chest back armor part.

Chest Armor

For 501st approval:

• Gloss white, semi-gloss or weathered.
  • There is a recessed rectangular area present over the right breast that is painted a medium to dark gray.
  • The chest and back armor join together over the shoulder and the gap covered with a loop of white fabric.
  • The sides of the chest armor are attached to the back armor with white elastic.

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Shoulder bridge straps, attaching the front and back of the armor, are made of white cotton webbing.
    • Not Nylon.

[*]Side under arm chest/back straps are made from 50mm (2") white webbing.

• Optional: Straps may be off-white if using off white pouches/drop box straps.
    • Optional: 50mm white elastic material is acceptable provided the color matches.

What it the difference between as listed here... White elastic....White webbing, and white cotton webbing???

• Like 1

That brings up a game changing question for me....which CRL standard is, well, the standard? The 501st.com "Level 2" or BSN's CRL for Lancer?

I ask, because I just ordered the 1-5/8" cotton webbing from the UK for the side straps because the Lancer Specs here say that is what is required. The 501st CRL says 2", either webbing or elastic.

I'm confused, because the CRL here says 2014, so I would think that a year is plenty enough time to get the 501st page updated.

What it the difference between as listed here... White elastic....White webbing, and white cotton webbing???

Are you asking what the physical difference is? Elastic stretches, webbing doesn't. Where it just says "webbing", I assume means either Nylon or Cotton.