1st timer in need of helmet selection

I don't have any color issues with the KS armor parts I own. I have a hybrid mix of KS, SC, and Chef armor. But it works for me. ;)

I have read many posts as of late about a slight "purplish" hue to the KS pulls. I'm sure one of the scouts will chime in with their pics.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

i my self am in between getting a SC or an Altmann's... i have had an Altmann's in my hands and did like the thicker material and how the edges look to be stronger but i have a long and narrow small head so i dont know what is best for me

Dave

The KS armor has issues beyond just the color, but what exactly is the color problem?

I guess I'm the only one who is totally satisfied by my KS lid. I've compared it to the SC, MLC and Altmann's and it holds its own pretty well after a few mods.

mine came in a light purple hue. Others said kits came mixed in diff whites, pink etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I would say 2 of the 4 pieces of the KS helmet were what people are calling purple-ish. The other 2 were white. It was clearly 2 different plastics. I would have been fine with it all that color, but having the 2 next to each other would have looked bad and so I painted the whole thing.

I'm having a similar problem with shoulder bells right now because I replaced one a couple of months ago. The new one is white, while the other has a visible yellow tint. I know that's something that we all deal with on our armor over time, but it's real obvious when you put one new piece in the mix.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This helped me a lot, thanks guys. who would be the best to contact about getting an Altmanns?

Spike is your man.

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showuser=78390

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The KS armor has issues beyond just the color, but what exactly is the color problem?

I guess I'm the only one who is totally satisfied by my KS lid. I've compared it to the SC, MLC and Altmann's and it holds its own pretty well after a few mods.

I have a KS helmet that I bought from fellow trooper "Ozarkscout" and I love it. His was purchased several years ago though. He now has an Altmans like you do.

• Like 1

I have a KS helmet that I bought from fellow trooper "Ozarkscout" and I love it. His was purchased several years ago though. He now has an Altmans like you do.

Correction, I have the RS Props lid now!