puckering vinyl

Yes 1.5g is about as thin as you can get in leather. You want thin stuff to use on your suit. Just make sure you buy #16 needles. 1.5g suede i can sew with 1 needle. I used 3g suede once & I broke about 4 needles getting it done. Thats why i reccomend using 1.5-2.5g suede.

I'm still completely confused about the heel on the boot. I saw the pictures, I didn't see a difference in the heel from the 1st picture and the 2nd. What kind of change do I need to make on the heel of the boot to make it Lancer certified

http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=7133 as I have read this thread I now know what it means by line through the heel. That is some serious cutting of the sole of the boot! Is there a specific distance between each of the vertical lines or the distance from the floor to the single horizontal line running through the heel?

Was there a distance you measured between the vertical lines cut into the boot? How did you get yours to look so uniform. Also wouldn't you want to do calves before dogbone.

This is the 2nd day of stretching through the car method. I would post the image but I guess I have met my quota of how many pictures I can upload.

How do I delete pics to upload more, or how do I make it so that I can upload more pics?

This is the 2nd day of stretching through the car method. I would post the image but I guess I have met my quota of how many pictures I can upload. How do I delete pics to upload more, or how do I make it so that I can upload more pics?

First off, do not upload pics. Instead, use a free image hosting site like Photobucket. You upload the pics there, then reference the images here on BSN. That allows you to actually post the images for viewing. The boots are looking much better, btw,

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153625390248340&set=a.388045953339.171261.775118339&type=3&theater

I have pinned the push pins into the top to allow for the marine vinyl to adhere to the sides better. I am nervous about the vinyl pulling up on the back sides. All along I have been slipping my foot in and out without problems. But in this last step I slide my foot in and some of the pins in the back sides pull out. Is that going to be ok if I glue everything down or should I pull at those parts a little more?

How do you reference an image. I've never done that.

Once you've uploaded your photo(s) to photobucket, click on the image you want to display here. On the right hand side will be a box with different types of file links. Click on the "direct" link, and it will copy the address automatically.

In the thread you would like to post in, start a reply. On the top left corner of the box will be a toggle editing mode button. Click on that, and a button will pop up called image along with many other buttons. Once the image button is clicked, a pop up box will appear. Paste the "direct" link in the space provided. Press enter.

This image depicts where the boots stand at this time. I let them sit in the hot car one more time to stretch, I pulled them out and pinned the push pins into the top of the soles. I'm nervous because the pins on the back sides of the vinyl on either side came up when I put my foot in. Do they need to be stretched more?12072553_10153625390248340_5163680124282162554_n_zpszvki9z2r.jpg

• Like 1

12096349_10153626977738340_7847241441403806861_n_zpszt7szzfv.jpgHere is the top and front of the boots with the 2nd go around. How do our good biker friends feel about this try?

Are they 501st and Lancer standard? I know I still need to cut the sole. But is what is shown Lancer worthy?

So far they look great! If the rest of the boots turn out that well then Lancer won't be an issue for you.

I have only made one pair of these but I would suggest cutting the sole before you finish. There is a possibility of errors when using a knife. I would hate for you to slice your beautiful vinyl after it is glued on.

When cutting your heel draw the lines on with a pencil before you cut. There is no specific distance. I lined my cuts to go over the pre existing shorter cuts. Drawing first will let you see how they will look.

If you plan on cutting the soles. Stop now. Be a waste of time if you got a beautiful top boot then accidently messed up the sole.

Anyhooo... Just take a ruler or something with a straight edge & mark with a pencil straight up from the current notches. Then blacken them in so you know you have to cut this part out. Take your time & use a new exacto knife. Do it slowly & very carfully. Took me just over 2hr each boot.

I didn't know there were flat laces, new to all this. Having a great time!

The vinyl is already glued I think it would be difficult to swap them out at this point.