Rivets or glue

I'm currently working in the tank and the back armour, I notice the instructions seem to be stick on the back with a rivet, however I'm not to experienced with rivets and I don't want to break the plastic, could I just glue the tank on the backplate and glue on a rivet just for accuracy sake

I don't *think* gluing the tank and then gluing a cosmetic rivet would be unacceptable.

The pop rivets and gun are pretty easy to use though. If you use PandaTrooper's tank attachment trick you can shoot the top rivet right through the greeblie, tank, back armor hump, and L shaped plastic "bracket". It works well and is very secure. Then the bottom rivet just goes through the bottom of the tank into the angled lower part of the back armor.

If you pre-drill your holes the same diameter as the rivet shaft you shouldn't have any cracking issues.

• Like 2

Yeah it's actually quite easy, and a riveter can be found for about 20$,(and returned after 1 use if it's a Walmart 😂) I have a pretty crap quality riveter, and am a carpenter, so it gets abused but takes a mean beating.

Glueing the tank & making the rivit is acceptable. My tank is glued on & I dont even have the "cosmetic" rivit. Are you going for Basic or Lancer? Not sure of tge requirments for Lancer. It may be needed. In that case you can glue the rivit on like you stated.