XenoPsycke Pre certification Pics

XenoPsycke

Great job trooper! It should be an easy approval. Here are a few things to adjust for a better look:

1. Raise your belt boxes a tad - ultimately 1.5" to 2" from the belt (max).

2. Make sure your chin remains hidden; you can see it poking out (l and r shots).

3. Hide your suspender straps; they are visible from behind.

4. Adjust your bund (in the back); pull it up so it does not go past your belt. Also, the pouches - tidy them up a bit.

5. Flip that TD greeblie; it's upside down! ;)

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TB_Scout_trooper-detonator

Yea, what Jim said :P

Thats one of my suits & I took the pics. We just threw it on for quick pics to see how everything fit together. As for the chin, Matt is wearing a chin cup, so it's not his skin you see. I told him the boxes were too low & we figured out how to raise them without "major" alterations. The suspenders are my "back ups" & just used for the pics. They aret too long that is whay we could not get the bund in the propper place. Matt ordered smaller/thiner ones already. Normally I have plenty of foam arround here to stuff in the pouches. But making so many suits for Celebration I ran out. So we stuffed some rags in there.

The greeblie is upside down & I can't take credit for that one :D He'll have to pop it off & place in the correct position. Soon as we get the right stuff & Matt finds the time to drive down we can take some propper pictures.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I have new suspenders to modify for being hidden and will hopefully better hold up the cummerbund. The greebly bit was frustrating. I glue it on REAL good, so I contacted SC to see about purchasing a replacement. I was following "The Costumes of the Original Trilogy" ref pictures. It is shown with round bit on the left with the square on the right (and isn't a flipped image). It does look there are shots of it in the movie that way with the square upside-down (look at the trooper Han taps on the shoulder then run the corner, he does seem to have extra greeblies near the round bit though), but I understand the 501st is more for being uniform. A standard was set, and that is what is being stuck with. It is just doubly frustrating that I know from actual military experience that nothing looks the same :P. So many "when this is a 46442-702-01, but the 46442-702-02A are made this way and are only compatible with the PM337-3, not the PM337-4". As for the chin issue, should a pic be taken with the front opened to see me wearing the baklava, and me having the white chin plate?

• Like 1

I've got my greeble flipped like the "shoulder tap scout" too Mattias. It shouldn't stop you from getting cleared for basic approval. I'm pretty sure that detail is only for Lancer. I've never seen a good explanation of why that orientation matters when it's clearly both ways in the movie.

Well I received my approval notification from the 501st! I am also still working the issues mentioned. Modded a smaller pair of suspenders, should be hidden much better now and help with with cummerbund. Studio Creations finally responded, and should be getting the replacement parts (how dare they be busy during Halloween :P ). Tonight I will be adjusting my side box issues. Hopefully soon I will be looking spiffy! Also even though they don't list them on the site IB, seems to still make TB boots on special request. Hopefully there isn't a mis-communication, and get a total different type o.O

• Like 1

I've got my greeble flipped like the "shoulder tap scout" too Mattias. It shouldn't stop you from getting cleared for basic approval. I'm pretty sure that detail is only for Lancer. I've never seen a good explanation of why that orientation matters when it's clearly both ways in the movie.

There are pros and cons both ways (some pics are one way, others another way). It's about being "uniform" across the detachment. So imagine at a convention...your standing with like 10 scouts all from different areas of the country or world. You casually look at their TD, and yours is the only one with that orientation. :)

Regardless, it does not affect approval either way...

• Like 1

There are pros and cons both ways (some pics are one way, others another way). It's about being "uniform" across the detachment. So imagine at a convention...your standing with like 10 scouts all from different areas of the country or world. You casually look at their TD, and yours is the only one with that orientation. :)

Regardless, it does not affect approval either way...

That's a pretty reasonable explanation. Thanks for explaining that Jim. I'll flip mine when I get the chance again. :)

• Like 1

No worries...we've come a long way as a detachment. When I joined up in 2011, things were different. We did not have the Blu-ray data and the TD bits were literally a blob. This is how the TD looked then:

927b7282-938a-4a2b-b414-473080d7f507_zps9bgxndkr.jpg

No worries...we've come a long way as a detachment. When I joined up in 2011, things were different. We did not have the Blu-ray data and the TD bits were literally a blob. This is how the TD looked then:

927b7282-938a-4a2b-b414-473080d7f507_zps9bgxndkr.jpg

Thats how my TD was.

• Like 1

No worries...we've come a long way as a detachment. When I joined up in 2011, things were different. We did not have the Blu-ray data and the TD bits were literally a blob. This is how the TD looked then: 927b7282-938a-4a2b-b414-473080d7f507_zps9bgxndkr.jpg

Yeah, my MC kit came with those greeblies in 2013. When I finally got around to completing it, I had to order a new one from Donn Jarr.

• Like 1

Received my replacement parts from SC!!! Soon, soon my precious will be complete :P. The box straps have been raised. Ordered a new set of boots from IB (can't wait!). I also did my first light weathering on the armor bits as well ;D

• Like 1