Wookieevaders pre certification pics

wookieevader

I promise you, I'm not trying to give you a hard time... but I think better lighted pictures out in the sun would help a little.

I know i'd suggest that you pull your t-bits up.

and... from what i can see here, it looks good to me. Good work, trooper.

be careful on those knees. I don't know if you tend to kneel for pictures, but I don't suggest it.

Looks good Jim! The soft parts came out great. I know how exciting it is to don the armor for the first time. :)

I'm curious about a couple of things. How much of a gap do you have between the chest and back armor at the shoulders? If you can decrease the size of your bridges, I'd recommend it. I know you have really broad shoulders, but you may want to try and bring up the bells on both sides. I also noticed the thigh elastic on your left side was drooping down a little. Is the elastic not tight, or did you forget to pull it up? It was so hard to get that right on both sides for me. Also, since you made the cod adjustable, do you have room enough to pull it up a little further in the front? The chevron should sit about mid way between bottom and belt. I ended up adjusting my pouches a little lower once I got approval. You might want to think about doing the same.

All in all though, fantastic job all around. Congrats on finally hitting the finish line. It was a huge weight off my shoulders. Now comes the reward. Smiles...sweet smiles! :)

Yeah, 2" is going to be difficult to bridge regardless. I wish I knew a way to make it better,

You feel excited to put the whole thing on? I know I was jacked the first time, and the second time, and the third time.....

Yeah, that's what I thought. :) I will never forget seeing my daughter react towards me, as she did to others when I took her to Celebration. Wait til you do your first troop. It's an amazing experience delivering smiles.

Barry has guided you well. Great work overall Jim, a few minor adjustments and you'll be set. :duim:

I've been going since my first troop Oct 2011. IT's addicting for sure! Enjoy the ride fellas...! :salute:

• Like 1

Well done, Brother!

I agree, scootch up the shoulder bells a touch if you can, and turn your forearm armor out to the sides a bit more. They should sit on an imaginary centerline down your arm. Looks great overall!

ok so i have made the gap at the armor top smaller, shortened the t-straps to raise up shoulder bells, raised up the cod piece and tightened the thigh strap on my left leg. now I need to suit up again and see what it looks like...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Suiting up again for a second time with the gap at the top 1 1/2 inches, cod raised in front, thigh strap on left side fixed, shoulders are up as far as i can get em, biceps and forearms in line.....hope its all good. Pics coming

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I'd submit the pictures to your GML Jim. I think it looks great! :) For some reason I think the shape of SC shoulder bells just don't agree with broad shoulders. The curve on the top of the bells is much harsher than MC's (which are a gradual curve). Get your approval bro, and start enjoying the ride :)

Looks good Brother!

Shouldn't jam up approval, but some Velcro or a snap connecting your right boot to your pantleg will help with the boot sag. Overall, nice Scout!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...