Shoulders

Hey everyone...I had two junk pouches and I was wondering if that same fabric cpuld be used to wrap my shoulders? Also if it will be acceptable, how many times do I wrap it around? Does it have to be really tight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I was actually just reading something about this...is it still Lancer spec to have an elastic band coming from the shoulder to the shoulder bell? I didn't think it was but I like the look of it..

I was actually just reading something about this...is it still Lancer spec to have an elastic band coming from the shoulder to the shoulder bell? I didn't think it was but I like the look of it..

Nope. Cotton webbing for Lancer. As far as attaching the bells to bridge of the shoulders I use half inch black elastic as do most.

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I go in and ask for cotton webbing they give me something that resembles the belt and there is no way that's correct. I found some cotton fabric that looks like everyone else's I've ever seen and I'm just using that since I can't seem to find anything that says it's wrong.

As long as they make it wide enough to cover my shoulders. I have about 4-5" to cover Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

If you mean 4-5" between the chest front and back, that gap is TOO wide. It'll never pass. Ultimately, it should not be anymore than a 1.5" to 2" gap.

Guest Forrest Patrol

If you mean 4-5" between the chest front and back, that gap is TOO wide. It'll never pass. Ultimately, it should not be anymore than a 1.5" to 2" gap.

How much gap is allowed between the lower underarm connection of chest and back?

It's impossible...I can't shrink my rib cage

What armor did you purchase? The SC armor has plenty of room for the join, even for bigger scouts. I had to cut at least 4" from my KS kit too. And, with that, I still have a 1.5" gap on mine.

I may not be understanding your issue 100%. Do you have a pic?

It's SC I didn't trim it at all...the gap isn't 4-5" but to cover the gap and still cover some of the front and back plates it would need to be closer to 4"

How much gap is allowed between the lower underarm connection of chest and back?

It all comes down to the "look and feel" of the join and overall costume. A scout with a 4-5" gap is going to look really odd, since the plastic should never have been cut back that much. In the pic above, the gap is 1.5-2" (top and bottom). I run a piece of cotton webbing on the underside with Velcro to "secure" them, and then use a "T" based cotton webbing piece to wrap and join the parts. Again, anything wider than say 2" will look weird.

Similar technique with my SC shadow scout:

shadow-scout-tank3_zpsc85a2fad.jpg

It's SC I didn't trim it at all...the gap isn't 4-5" but to cover the gap and still cover some of the front and back plates it would need to be closer to 4"

Gotcha. If you line up the chest and back on your person, the gap is naturally that large due to your build. Would like to see a pic, maybe we can guide you. It could be that the kit was "pre-trimmed" or something. My SC kit had about 2" or plastic on the chest and 2" on the back. So I actually removed 4" from my SC kit.

This is the stuff I used:

http://store.jontay....ral_retail.aspx

Just tried to order webbing from jontay.com but they do not ship to my area apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

I got it all figured out I had to readjust my entire setup...it's snug but I can get that 2" gap...

• Like 1

Yeah...originally we glued the elastic in...I tore it all out weeks ago and replaced with velcro. Now everything is adjustable and works much better. Now to finish this suede and get ready for approval. Finally.