Hi-Tec Sierra Boots - company contact

01Hawk

Guest Forrest Patrol

the boots are an important part of each suit, the harder to get are those of Darth Maul and Jango Fett, hope to find the right boot for my suit

Darth Maul is a bit of a biker too, I think he wears motorcycle boots and he has that weird bike.

I think Lucasfilm either pick costume parts that are either already out of production or just about to be discontinued.

Unless its just that they curse these parts (like the supposed curse of Superman or Tutankhamen) and that's why its so difficult to get the original pieces.

I think Lucasfilm either pick costume parts that are either already out of production or just about to be discontinued.

Unless its just that they curse these parts (like the supposed curse of Superman or Tutankhamen) and that's why its so difficult to get the original pieces.

Don't forget, these flicks are usually shot about a year in advance of their release, so what was in stock then, might not be in stock when it's released (or now).

To the point of Maul's boots, our local Maul just scored a real pair of FT Titan 101's in his size... lucky bugger!

Guest Forrest Patrol

Don't forget, these flicks are usually shot about a year in advance of their release, so what was in stock then, might not be in stock when it's released (or now).

Hmmm. Good point.

Hi Fellas,

my buddy from Miami add some pics with the Sierras on official fanpage Hi-Tec USA, link below:

https://www.facebook.com/HiTecUSA/photos_stream?tab=photos

If you interested buying a new Sierra Sneakers shoes to your original costume....

Pls like this (maybe also as a bikerscout.net :)

(here is a lot of scouts in need of new original Sierra shoes, I think),

comments, request to resume production Sierra Sneakers Shoes in comments, add some pics, etc. Thanks!

Top work Gents!!!! I tried talking to HI Tec a couple of years ago and spoke to the Managing Director eventually, he explained that the design drawings were destroyed 12 years post final production. I tried to get a dialogue going in order to see if a run would be possible. I didn't hear anything after that and subsequent correspondence went unanswered.

If you can get a result then we'll done!!!! That would certainly be very cool indeed. I recently (ok quite a while ago) got a woodland camo pair from Dart with a view to getting a 3D scan of the sole. Once tidied up then a CAD/CAM file can be used to make moulds for new soles. I then planned to attach them to the uppers of a set of palladiums. A bit of a hybrid but the end look should be good I hope.

The good news is that the 3D scan is complete and the vectors need to be tidied and details added. Not my field but I'm going to give it a go.

Downside is that I'm in the UK Military and currently in the U.S. Until mid October. All my projects take a long long time as I spend on average about 5 months a year overseas.

Keep up the good work fellas and I sincerely hope you have more luck than I did!!!!! There is a thread buried in the boots section with the actual email I got from Hi-Tec.

Andy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I have learned from Andy the company is now located in the netherlands...

I would love to go there with the boots I have to speak with them first hand and making sure the missing ridge is added.

I was not able to get these copied yet but as Andy already got new scans...

Note - we might gather more potential mobilizing the rebel endor troopers out there as they need the same boot base as us scouts do.

With the spin off movie "Rogue One - A Star Wars Story" we are going to revisit the classic trilogy era again.

So there might be new fuel to the old stuff as well.

Still need 4 pairs for myself....so let's make it happen somehow.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Im not sure if this thread is dead yet, but I could be counted on for a pair of the real deal shoes. This would be a game changer. Or if one of you guys who are getting a 3D model together we could get a mold and make our own soles then have them installed on a set of boots......

or maybe its easier to travel back in time and pick up a few dozen pairs..

Guest Forrest Patrol

or maybe its easier to travel back in time and pick up a few dozen pairs..

If only I could remember where I parked that Delorean...

• Like 1

They never got back to me which sucks cause the guy seemed pretty legit. I made a mold of a sole and and working on making at least a replacement heel right now. I have to put that on hold while I try get my scout actually approved, work on my Fett and get these other pistols that I make ready for sale since I have a ton of $ invested in it. I have a post with the pics of what I am making a few posts down. If I can get the heel or full sole attached safely so no one sues me I will gladly make them available

• Like 1

Double your efforts. Perhaps one of us could link up with a real suit right after filming ended and bring it back. Oh and on the boots, I am a 9.5 US. Also, buy more stock in IBM and Apple.....Ha ha ha....

• Like 1