Question for making the cummerbund

zarintyr

Is it just one big sheet of duck cloth just with velcro added and lines stitched in?

Or is it two separate pieces sewn together? I am going to print out a big a sheet with measurements and take it to a tailor to have it made.

MOD EDIT MOVED TO THE CORRECT SECTION

Ok, there's 2 different ways you can build the cummerbund:

1. Big rectangle of cloth with the lines/velcro stitched in and a separate cod piece that attaches to the flak vest (with velcro or snaps - screen accurate)

2. Big rectangle of cloth with the lines/velcro stitched in but with cod attached (most common form)

There's a template floating around in the gallery (I think) that has some general measurements to assist your tailor.

Guest Forrest Patrol

There's a template floating around in the gallery (I think) that has some general measurements to assist your tailor.

Where is the gallery? I have not found it yet.

Guest Forrest Patrol

What's your chest & waist size in inches please? If anyone has similar measurements they could give you the proportions.

(Sorry I know that sounds a bit too personal and weird)

I would use that pattern loosely, you don't want the X on the Velcro. And you may find that did pattern gives you camel toe issues, really everyone is different so things will always need to be tweaked. The rib spacing i would do at 25mm (1")