Putting on chest back armor

Sapper41

So how do you guys normally don your chest back and shoulders? When I have everything strapped up together it is a tight squeeze and getting it off is even worse. Do you leave one of the sides unstrapped or use snaps etc?

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Guest Forrest Patrol

I undo the straps on both sides (under armpits) and then lift it off like a poncho. Don't have any arm gear on before either putting on or taking off the chest and back.

So how do you guys normally don your chest back and shoulders? When I have everything strapped up together it is a tight squeeze and getting it off is even worse. Do you leave one of the sides unstrapped or use snaps etc?

Yes. :D

I have my front and back connected by some webbing with snaps. I snap my right side first, then slide in and snap the left side. Then I do the bottom straps after I route my mic wire through my soft parts.

• 1 month later...

My chest armor cracked last year (in almost the exact same way the costuming book cracks look) so I got my new MC replacement chest piece and decided to Re-connect the chest and back. I didn't like my original method. I had extra,long webbing and secured in the back and then would pull it tight to the front and tuck it in attaching to velcro. This led to the strapping getting a little loose and I'd pull tight again on a troop. I believe this increased that pressure and made the chest kind of fold a little each time and then finally split at the top and bottom. I will say it took 8 years of troops...I saw this thread and was really interested to see what others do. I'm a visual person. Does anyone have any pics of their chest back connection method that they could share with me or others? Id be grateful for the examples. I just cant figure out a good way to keep it snug and not show any hidden elastic. I'm working on upgrading my old Lancer to meet the updated Lancer specs. Is there a known screen accurate method that was used? I.e. the front chest webbing connection is sewed loop and hidden elastic in back? Thanks for photo ideas!

Justin

I just put both arms above my head and pull it down over me. I have my knee and boots on first though as my bund. It have enough stretch in it but it is tight. The wide side is Velcrod on so I guess I could disconnect it if I wanted . The short side is folded over and can't pull out of the side ( hopefully). 96E5CE87-F4FC-482D-B97F-7799161DCCE9.jpg

• Like 1