Guess I will start looking for a good cobbler to make soles

01Hawk

I'm pretty positive that was attempted long ago Thomas. If memory serves me correctly, they weren't able to find the original blueprints for those soles, and thus couldn't help out. I know I read a BSN discussion about it years ago.

@Barry, I may be wrong, (unfortunately I living in europe) but like all the guys from forum bikerscout.net and other forums about Star Wars and reconstructions group posted a petition directly to Hi-Tec company that is order on (for example) a thousand pairs of these shoes, I think that the old injection molds to perform soles Hi-Tec would quickly have found, or they made new injection molds. It's a large profit for the Hi-Tec company I think.

My suggestion is, to look for other Star Wars maniacs and collect orders and signatures for the petition which was then sent to Hi-Tec company, if I'm wrong, please correction. Personally, I would be happy to buy a few pairs of these shoes, which I am always looking for. Thx.

Cheers

Thomas

• Like 1

I was looking at their ( Hi-Tec) contact info last night and got distracted ( which is easy to do lol) .. I was also told that the boot is used for the Endor Rebel soldier. Still not sure there would be 1,000 people ( which is what the online Chinese manufacturing sites require for productions it seems ) people willing to buy boots. Finding an upper part to use/make shouldn't be an issue . If MOW can supply Fett boots in a cost effective manner , I don't see how scout ones couldn't be made- except our sole is much more complex- what the upper looks like shouldn't even matter

@Howard, I believe that you can not give up, you need to look and notify on the collection of signatures people willing to buy shoes at all USA forums about Star Wars, share on Facebook, notify to reconstructions group (Scout troopers, Endor Rebel Soldiers etc), to Star Wars maniacs & fans and everywhere, people willing to buy these badass shoes do not miss I think. 1,000 people are not so much. Better to resume production of Sierra snickers by Hi-Tec. Btw, I know That Endor Rebel Soldiers have these shoes as Arnold in Commando movie and also in other movie I heard, These shoes are great. Do not give up, but you need to connect the forces. I from Europe rather I not make anything in case this shoes, but in the USA you have more opportunities, I suggest you for first, make a questionnaire/market research, how many people are willing to buy these Sierra Sneakers shoes. Remember that nothing is impossible. :)

PS - sorry again for my weak english, I hope guys understand me what I wrote.Thx.

Cheers

Thomas

@Barry, I may be wrong, (unfortunately I living in europe) but like all the guys from forum bikerscout.net and other forums about Star Wars and reconstructions group posted a petition directly to Hi-Tec company that is order on (for example) a thousand pairs of these shoes, I think that the old injection molds to perform soles Hi-Tec would quickly have found, or they made new injection molds. It's a large profit for the Hi-Tec company I think.

My suggestion is, to look for other Star Wars maniacs and collect orders and signatures for the petition which was then sent to Hi-Tec company, if I'm wrong, please correction. Personally, I would be happy to buy a few pairs of these shoes, which I am always looking for. Thx.

Cheers

Thomas

The only problem I see with that Thomas is finding a thousand scouts that are willing to pay for those boots all at once. There's a lot of us who want the most accurate boots possible. And then there's those who are ok with what they have because it passed approval. I'm pretty positive that the accuracy lovers would be in the minority. The Legion only got to 10,000+ members a couple of years ago. If 10% of those were scouts, that would be the 1,000 mark. I think that number would actually be high as well considering how many costumes are approvable. And that's not even factoring in how many retired scouts there are. Maybe I'm wrong though.

• Like 1